Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Forum Restructuring
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:35:16    Post Subject: Forum Restructuring Reply with quote View Single Post

You may notice a few things different today. If you didn't notice, let me explain the changes:

1. The category headings on the forum index now have a + or - next to it. Clicking these will expand/contract the listing of subforums in that category. The main layout of the forum is fully expanded by default. There is a new heading at the bottom of the forum called "Bigbruin.com Content" which is contracted by default.

2. The Reviews and Articles subforum from the Tech-Centric area has been removed. All posts have been redistributed to subforums in the new Bigbruin.com Content area.

3. Expanding the Bigbruin.com Content area heading will reveal subforums for many different tyes of reviews/articles. All the old review announcement threads (and new ones) will now appear in the appropriate subforum.

4. This new forum structure will allow me to create a new sorted Review Index page that will make things much easier to find... and it will look better too.

5. The home page will still work the same, just drawing from different areas.

I think this will be a good thing to have!

One question... Does the +/- stuff on the index work in FireFox? Looks good in IE to me!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:38:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

On working in Firefox: Nope. Not sure I want to look at the code though Wink

A letter to a soldier
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:41:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Damn. Does the site look damaged? Do you get the +/-? Thanks!
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:41:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ha... I get a box with a minus in it, and it makes the entire category disappear... Laughing

A letter to a soldier
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:45:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Okay, I'm looking at the code and this is seriously bad. I don't mean offense or anything... I'm going to lunch in a 1/2 hour and will be back probably an hour after that. Can I redo this PLEASE?!?!

A letter to a soldier
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:48:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

YEAH... if you think you can? Laughing

This is an "official" mod from phpbb.com - but honestly, it was one of the poorest documented or prepared one I have done yet.

Thanks.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:48:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah I see the + and - box using Firefox but like Icenine said if I use the - or contract a subsection it totally disappears and then I cant get it back short of closing the site and coming back to it
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:52:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OOh... just downloaded FireFox here... that is poor.

+ or - just makes it disappear... Laughing

But for the dadx2mj idea of closing the browser, that is not necessary. just hit "reload" and everything comes back.

Bang Head
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:56:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
But for the dadx2mj idea of closing the browser, that is not necessary. just hit "reload" and everything comes back.

WTF Confused first time I tried reloading it was no help but I just tried it after reading your post and it brought it all back to default Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:08:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, for now I have removed the expanding/contracting mod.

You may now be able to see why I wanted it... The forum just gets too big with that opened, and no one really needs to see all those on a regular basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: