Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Hosting with Bigbruin.com
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:46:34    Post Subject: Hosting with Bigbruin.com Reply with quote View Single Post

I am looking to rent out Bigbruin.com's secondary server as a means to justify keeping it up and running... Presently there are no sites hosted on it, and I really do not intend to load it up, but just a few accounts to make it worth while. If people are interested in hosting, I would then put my smaller sites on that server as well, and you could be confident that there will be excellent up time, as I don't want my sites down either!

The server load should be low, there will be plenty of disk space, and tons of bandwidth... I will create custom plans for anyone interested, but the attached Excel sheet shows two basic plans I am trying to promote, and how they compare to other host's offerings.

I think the prices and features are fair, but if you need/want more or less on a plan... send me a private message or e-mail.

Thanks!

Jason

EDIT, 04/27/05... Just had to update the Excel sheet. I realized the server to be rented has RedHat Enterprise 3 installed, not CentOS 3.4!

EDIT, 04/30/05... Updated Excel sheet for new version of cPanel, and a few notes on the server.

host.xls
 Description:
Hosting Plans

Download
 Filename:  host.xls
 Filesize:  20 KB
 Downloaded:  788 Time(s)

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Wed, 25 May 2005 06:53:23; edited 5 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:30:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good prices!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:39:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks... I am just hoping to cover costs really. I'd hate to let the second server go, but need some kind of financial justification to keep it.

For those unfamiliar with cPanel... read up on it. It will make easy work out of tons of things, like file management, setting up mail boxes, installing/maintaining phpBB forums, creating/managaing mySQL databases, and so on...

EDIT... Just had to update the Excel sheet. I realized the server to be rented has RedHat Enterprise 3 installed, not CentOS 3.4! Grin
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:33:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Updated the Excel sheet with a few things mentioned in the original post.

Have a few people interested in various things... hope to have enough commintments by mid-May to make this feasible! Otherwise, I'd move the 1 or 2 packages on to the new server.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:49:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I took this down for a while, but want to promote it again. I am looking to promote the packages listed in the Excel sheet, but have flexibility for just about anything.

Current plans on the box start under $10/month, if the others are too grande!

Both servers have been updated to the latest WHM/cPanel, and MySQL, and many other items are more current too. Will address the spreadsheet soon... but rest assured the server is up to date, and secured.

Grin Thanks!
jake_johnson
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:57:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very competative. However I am in processes of looking for new server I am tempted by the prcie/space bandwidth cost. However I traditionaly dont host on anything other then bsd based servers. (Usualy freebsd)

On the bandwidth what kind of transfer speeds are we talking. This is very important. Well to me it is anyway.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:26:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This link is to a 10MB file to test download speeds. I'd be interested to hear what people pull, even if they aren't interested in hosting... Grin

http://www.mostlyuseless.info/10meg.file
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:58:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

110-120 KB/S on comcast cable. Went down to 103 for the last meg.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:40:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got 333 KB/Sec on Optimum Online cable.
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:45:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

570 KB/Sec max on Earthlink through Time Warner Cable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: