44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Nvidia
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:44:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
They are both good.... both have their advantages and disadvanages.... I have had both GPU's and have had good experinces with both. That question is at the time you are buying, what is the best Grin

so true also is whats in your budget at that moment ! i use both brands in builds -unless the buyers request a this card or that and i really not had that in a long time . now when it comes to cpu yes i only use AMD any more .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:41:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ATI is all ima say...when the sapphire mobo comes out ima ge that Laughing .
unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:53:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can see ATi winning purely cause of price, most people own a ATi card, i own 2 myself, a radeon 9200se, and a Radeon X600 Pro, they both suit my need and the X600 pro takes it all gooooooood, but i also own a tnt2 and a fx 5200, i pefer the 9200se over the 5200 i really don't know why. But as many people will say, SLi, well i am sure ATi will catch on soon, as after all we are only touching what we can do with these technologys. Alls goo i vote ATi cause thats what i use.

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:55:19    Post Subject: Nvidia Rules Reply with quote View Single Post

I use to use only ATI, and had a whole bunch of their cards, but they never seemed to work correctly (video capture, ect.) But then I bought an Nvidia Quadro4 XGL (dual head) card, and I would never go back to ATI. Nvidia has some pretty kick a$$ cards, and they always work, and here's a funny story too.

Recently my fan stopped working on the nvidia card, so after a couple of phone calls to Nvidia corp offices they provided me with the phone number for the manfacture of their graphic cards (since Nvidia doesn't manfacture them, suprise to me). Anyways. so i called the manfactured up and asked how i would go about getting a replacement fan for the video card, he was like what kind of card, one sec... comes back and is like yup i've got one here, what's your address i'll send it to you, Free of charge! WOW that's some kick a$$ customer service if you ask me! Smile

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:08:52    Post Subject: Re: Nvidia Rules Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, that exactly why I stopped with ATI. For the longest time had nothing but driver issues, went to Nvidia back in the GeForce 2 days, and never went back to ATI. I've heard their drivers are MUCH better now though.

I've had similiar experience with the manufacturers, even had one upgrade my GeForce 4400 to a GeForce 5600 Ultra at no cost. So I'm a happy camper Smile

squee wrote:
I use to use only ATI, and had a whole bunch of their cards, but they never seemed to work correctly (video capture, ect.) But then I bought an Nvidia Quadro4 XGL (dual head) card, and I would never go back to ATI. Nvidia has some pretty kick a$$ cards, and they always work, and here's a funny story too.

Recently my fan stopped working on the nvidia card, so after a couple of phone calls to Nvidia corp offices they provided me with the phone number for the manfacture of their graphic cards (since Nvidia doesn't manfacture them, suprise to me). Anyways. so i called the manfactured up and asked how i would go about getting a replacement fan for the video card, he was like what kind of card, one sec... comes back and is like yup i've got one here, what's your address i'll send it to you, Free of charge! WOW that's some kick a$$ customer service if you ask me! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: