Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Modding Original NES/SNES Controller to work on XBOX?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 28 May 2004 02:38:16    Post Subject: Modding Original NES/SNES Controller to work on XBOX? Reply with quote View Single Post

Well as the topic says i am trying to find out how i would be able to mod a NES/SNES controller to work on my xbox..

I just got a really nice NES emulator for my xbox, and was thinking how cool would it be if i could somehow get to use the original NES controller to play the roms..

Anyone have any links/idas/or suggestions ?

I'm assuming it wont be as simple as just ripping out a calbe and soldering a xbox cable to the controller..

Any help is good help

Thanks guys

----------------------
As the only team left representing Canada, i have to support..
Go Flames Go

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

KickDrunkPunk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:04:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sweet deal i want
ZeroNeo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:06:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well i know nothing about electronics, but i've seen some converters for a USB controller to Xbox, and i know a there are websites where they tell you how to mod your SNES controller to USB, so maybe... you could do something with that.
The problem i see is that to use the SNES-USB controller in the computer some kind of "home-made" drivers are needed, and i'm not quite sure if you could use it in your xbox.

Another thing is that the manual that i know to connet the SNES controller to pc is in Spanish, but i remeber to see some translation in the net, so try to use google for it.
http://www.emulatronia.com/reportajes/directpad/snes/index.htm
dfu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:42:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ohhh great idea now i gota get a snes controller. time to hit up garage sales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: