Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Google fear
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoisonedPawn45
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:30:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
No he's right... because if it wasn't for windows, the Internet as we know it wouldn't exist.

I love my multi-button internet mouse! Grin (hides from mac users wrath)

Boo Boo

starsong
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:28:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No your wrong.

The internet was created a long time BEFORE microsoft. And it would of existed and maybe even of been better, if microsoft windows did NOT exist.
unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:57:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The internet is a secondary way of linking every computah, but then we have webservers mircosoft started with them then other companies smashed mircosoft to hell!

And now we have mircosoft being the non 1 used OS? not for long i see the furute in gaming changing, as it moved the CELL is being developed for the ps3 and soon most of the gamers will move to linux. or other os which run better and more reliable then windows.

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:55:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Internet as we know it today would NOT exist with out Windows for a couple of reasons. And I was using "the Internet" when there was no such thing as a web page. So I'm very aware of what it was like before. You know what UUCP is (with out typing it in google)?? I do.. I ran it for years.

But let's face it... in the days before windows, computers we're pretty much in the hands of hobbiest, business people, and scientist. They would have remained their if it had not been for Windows too. Yes, apple had a computer with a GUI interface long before MS. IF it had been a better system, than things might of been different. I have personally used apple, OS2, Windows, Novell, Linux (several flavors), and Sun. Every one of these has it's superior features. Not a one of them if better at everything.

I can tell you right now, 90% or better of all computer users could care less what is better, more stable, etc... It's simple. They want to be able to turn on their computer and use it. They don't want to what to worry about compiling this or that, or going over here to get this and over there to get that, and calling this company for help here, and calling that company for help there.

Believe it or not, MS is much more in tune with what end users want than you will ever be. Maybe in 20 yrs or so the end user will change... but I doubt they will change that much. Linux will continue to make in roads in the server market (as it should) however it is very VERY unlikely that it will ever unseat MS as the king of the desktop.
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:32:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think M$ will probably go the way of this country (to hell) so it's irrelevant.

How much longer can something that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars just to buy, nevermind maintain, really last once people start catching on that other OSes that are free or cheap exist?

I give M$ 10 years at the most, if they are king longer then that I'll be surprised.

Anyway, mission accomplished, EC got stirred up. Laughing

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:16:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Nhaaaa.... I'll bet you $10,000.00 that MS will will be king in 20 yrs.

One thing you kiddies will realize as you get older.... time = money. When your young you have time but no money.... when your older you have money (well some) but no time. Personally right now I'd rather pay the money and have someone else do the work for me.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:29:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like FreeBSD.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:37:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like FreeBEER.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:38:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can think of a few more B words that are good, especially when free! Afro
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:39:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BIOTCHES?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: