Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Just finished building pc.... all my games crash to desktop!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:06:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was just looking at Outpost.com (Fry's website) and they have this: http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3558634

It's decent looking, and most important it comes with the Antec 380W TruePower PSU's. That case is going to give you the best bang for the buck in your case. Those PSU's are in the top 5 of PSU quality.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:11:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes that is a good case, it is the one that i had my eye on but at the time it was at 109.99. The results from MB monitor- my friend ran it while browsing/idle and then my friend played doom3 until it crashed. the only thing that changed was core from 1 at idle to 0 when it crashed.... i dono what that means. :/
bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:20:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is fudin power supplies any good? http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3850927
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:40:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Personally I would keep your Cobra case. The case itself is nice, just the power supply is not so good. I would just buy a decent power supply. If you are going to exchange the case stick with an Antec Case. Power supplies in below $100 cases are going to be questionable. Even in the Antecs I dont think you will find their top of the line power supply for under $100 but most Antec supplies are pretty good. Like I said I would keep the case and just replace the power supply.
bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:54:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeah you bring up a good point. I would most likely end up with another crappy psu..... In my other cpu i have an $50 ez-media 350W and it hasnt let me down so i'll prolly purchase another. Now if that does not solve my problem.......well we'll think about that later Razz

Thank you for everyone's help.

bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 03:02:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well my proplem continues. After installing a new thermaltake psu, a new vid card 6600gt, updating bios, formatting the HD, re-seating the cpu and mem. I have even disabled on board sound and tried playing that way.... My game locks up after only 5 or 8 mins of play. I could be jsut walking in game wihtout anything around and the picture freezes on screen... someone please help me.
Bruce

trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:42:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How are the temps? Is there a patch out?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:01:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Either your temp's are too high as trek says, or I'd say you have flaky memeory.
bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:52:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

temps are fine. I have the mobo monitor on and i think system is at 32C The memory boots up fine, and recognizes dual channel... I had a single stick in there prior to going dual and it did the same thing. I do have the suse linux disc that has the memory tester, i will run that.

ty again

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:51:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can try running this: http://www.memtest86.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: