Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
I hate Storms
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:32:59    Post Subject: I hate Storms Reply with quote View Single Post

ughhhh, well yesterday was an interesting day to say the least...LOL Sunday night we had some massive thunderstorms with high winds, fun huh? Well woke up Monday morning to see our steel shed had blown into the neighbor's yard and was pretty much well destroyed. Well since it was destroyed I knew it had hit something, well guess what that something was?? My CAR!!!! Sad SO I called my insurance and made a claim right away. Almost 2 grand in damamge to my car, and a loss of a $30o shed. GOod news was they would pay in full the damamge to my car. Bad news is I have a $500 deductible on my insurance for my home , so I am out $300 that I just paid a month ago for the shed Mad But to make amtters worse my insurance will not pay for a rental vehicle while mine is getting fixed Mad Kewl huh??? Laughing

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:50:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry to hear about all the damage. I was concerned about you guys and friends in MI and IL with all the storms up there. I'm just glad you all are OK Smile
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:54:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

awww thanks !! Yeah we are ok... but defiantely thinking about investing in a hosue with a basement, my 9 year old is petrified of storms, always thinking a tornado is not far behind, it pretty hard to fit 2 kids and an adult in a closet, or worse yet, 2 adults and 2 kids in a closet...LOL and YES she insists EVERYONE be in the closet for shelter...LOL

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:46:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, here in Iowa, storms have been REALLY nasty. First was Saturday night with 100mph winds, then last night with 80mph winds Sad

Thankfully no damage to my place, other than some branches torn off my tree, but nothing major like you had.

Glad things are good with you and everybody is safe. I know it sucks to lose the $$$ but be happy you're safe and not hurt Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:00:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is terrible! Sad

I am concerned about my Parent's house... They are on vacation in Italy, but I saw on the news that their area of New York had serious hail and a tornado yesterday. I'm wondering if I should drive up there and look!
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:21:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

NA, was that shed anchored?
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:41:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Mother Nature can be a very scary thing. Glad everyone is ok tho

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:01:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Your insurance company wouldn't give you a rental? I think it would be time to start looking for a new company.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:05:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ouch. At least no one got hurt.

We've had some pretty nasty storms roll through here too (Hey.. welcome to your new home... here have some nasty weather). Last night at close to midnight we had a hail storm that dropped hail about the size of marbles!! Some how it appears our cars didn't get any damage (wheeeh). We need to work on cleaning out the garage so we can put the cars in there.
Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:23:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I remember we had a pretty bad store here a few years ago. I was at camp and we got part of the storm, enough to make us have to hold the tent up to save it. Then we figured screw this and left it go and went in the camper. Grin

When we got back in town we were glad to have brought chain saws with us since we needed them! Trees fallen everywhere, it was a mess. I could bike around the block and most likely run over an electrical line in water. (does not sound too safe...)

But it sure is an adventure. Grin

my site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: