Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Need help with replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 04:09:33    Post Subject: Need help with replacement Reply with quote View Single Post

My video card is not working (and hasnt been working as I suspected) Its the gigabyte super overclock edition GTX260 and its under warranty so I looking at a refund instead of a replacement. Some of the replacement options I have found are :

Galaxy GF GTX260+ 216sp

Amaze GF GTX 275

eVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216

Leadtek Winfast GTX 275

Gigabyte N460 OC 1GB

Galaxy GF GTX465

Im not sure if I should just wait for a replacement of my current card or spend a little more and get something a bit more powerful, although some of those cards do look a little lower spec'd in some areas, bus width etc.. does that matter?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:05:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not sure if that truely matters much...it would matter a bit, but not sure exactly how much. I'd just wait for the replacement card, the 260GTX is still a decent card. If you do happen to get a refund, then nothing wrong with spending a little extra $$ to get an upgraded card to a 400series.

If you think you might want to do an upgrade within the next 90 days, and you can get a refund, eVGA has their step-up program, where withink 90 days you can step-up to a more powerful card and get a refund on the money you spend for the original card...Granted it's only 90 days Sad Would be nice if it was 6 months LOL
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:31:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How heavily do you game? Max settings? DirectX11 (not likely)?

I'd probably take the replacement, as I agree the 260 is still a great card. That said - if they're giving you money back - and its based on what you may have paid for a 260 a year or more ago, you could possibly afford a 460 (or at least come close).
blodflekk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 01:50:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

gaming is my main focus, I run everything at 1080p on a 24" LCD and with everything at max settings
Delta6326
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 01:12:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Gigabyte n460 oc! it rocks
LovermanOwens
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:34:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Why no AMD cards? They have some decent ones out right now.
James86
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:39:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd look at the AMD 6870 but if you fold get a nvidia card
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: