Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
AMD Six-Core is almost here! (anybody else hyped up?)
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:08:47    Post Subject: AMD Six-Core is almost here! (anybody else hyped up?) Reply with quote View Single Post

Been listening to an interview about the upcoming processor and it has really piqued my interest so far. Also looks like its much more affordable for those who don't want to shell out the $1000 for the Intel six-core.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:49:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Will it make games run faster?
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:27:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It will be interesting to see how many games will utilize all 6 cores vs just being programmed specifically for 4 or lower.
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:19:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wish more developers would get off their a$$ and start coding for more than 2 cores. lol.

This is why I have been advocating AMD to start their own version of TWIMTBP program and stop pretending like they can't afford to have such a program. It will benefit gamers a lot of they send out their own team of programmers to help code for AMD/ATI products instead of just waiting for developers to pick up the technology.

pro-activity >>> wishful thinking
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:33:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There's more games that utilize 4 cores than I previously would have expected a few years back. That being said, theres a lot fewer games that utilize more than 4 cores than I expected based on the few reviews I read.
LovermanOwens
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:20:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am waiting on upgrading to my next PC rig based on what AMD presents with bulldozer. I have been a huge AMD fan since I started building my own PCs in 2002 and I haven’t left them since but the latest chips from Intel (besides their chipset problems) have been looking great so far.

The developers not only need to code for more cores, but it would behoove them to make their games with better scalable graphics. I know we aren’t consoles but I am getting fracking tired of the title wave of crappy ports
James86
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:54:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am also interested in bulldozers performance compared to sandy bridge. especially with the whole p67 series flaw
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

raulbog
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:04:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

With the release of Bulldozer still supposedly on track for next quarter, the lack of any leaks about its performance
has me a bit worried. Seems like rough numbers for Sandy Bridge were available for several months before the chips were out.
njdutchman
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:22:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

One Concern....HEAT... Guess its time to develop a sealed case with coolent.
sd4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:32:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It makes me think about waiting a little bit for my new build. Seeing those new GPU's with the 6 display ports is pretty sweet, not disappointed with my GTX 260 though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: