Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Bah..
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:08:46    Post Subject: Bah.. Reply with quote View Single Post

As of Feb 1, 2006 I will be unemployeed.

Our small mom & pop cable company has been purchased by the former owner of Adelphia's son.

I've been meeting with them for the last few weeks on the transfer of our internet services and technical support. ..Now next Wednesday the new owner will come to our office to discuss the take over of the TV services and who will be kept.

So far theres no doubt in the fact that they will keep the customer reps and (3) field techs. My position and (1) field tech however are the only positions in limbo. They have their own engineering staff, and the necessity of a local manager is nil.

On Wednesday I'm gonna do my best to make sure our 4th field tech is kept even if they have no plans on keeping me. ...and try my best to keep my position or employment. The new owner seems to be a good person dispite what his father and brother did to Adelphia. He also seems to be dedicated to his employees, much unlike our current owner(my uncle) that is only interested in the $$$ figure.

If all else fails, I may have work lined up with Hinkle & McCoy, a utility contracting firm that does outside plant construction and engineering. But their work is dependant on the telco's need for design.. With ALLTEL in the middle of a sell-out or purchase deal with another company, that work may not be available til the dust settles from that merger.

My only certainty is that I may have a 6 month paid vacation that I can catch up on 17 years of lost sleep, hunting and fishing.

Come Jan 31st, I will be the last DuCom Cable TV employee to walk out the door. I was the very first cable employee for the company in 1989 when I designed the systems, and I'll be the last.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:14:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good luck! I hope it isn't really the end, or that at least something good comes of this.

(Also... given the topic of this thread, I was actually expecting some sort of perverse sheep discussion).
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:35:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
(Also... given the topic of this thread, I was actually expecting some sort of perverse sheep discussion).

Well, we know where BB's mind is at...

Sorry to hear that knight, hope things work out for you and you get to keep your job.
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:59:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow Knight.... One thing you have going for you is that you know your sh!t!! If they do not keep you, it wont take you long to land another job (a better one at that) , and did I mention your also SEXAY!!!!!! (Roy thinks so too) *drool*

Nothin but luv for ya Knight!!!!

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:39:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

See... I told you woody still loved you! Laughing

Hey good luck on things. If you find out you don't get to keep you're job and you're interested in relocating let me know. My new company is growing and hiring so they might well have a position for you.
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:57:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
See... I told you woody still loved you!
Laughing

Who doesnt love Knight??? *drool*

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:34:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sucks to hear that, man. Best of luck!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:55:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow I am really sorry to hear that. Good luck finding a new job who knows hopefully you will find something better.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:58:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanx guys and gals. Smile

NA, we're gonna have to make a Woody sammich someday. lol ...j/k
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:11:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Thanx guys and gals. Smile

NA, we're gonna have to make a Woody sammich someday. lol ...j/k

Banana *drool*

Man we need a good drool smiley!!!!

Knight.. why must you trease!!!! Sad Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: