Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Problem with new PC startup - Please Help!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mheinz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:13:24    Post Subject: Problem with new PC startup - Please Help! Reply with quote View Single Post

My setup is as follows:

DFI Lanparty UD nf4 Ultra D
AMD 64 3200
OCZ PSU 520
OCZ GOld ed. Ram 1g
Radeon X800 GTO2 Saphire

I just installed everything on my system and when i went to start up the system nothing happend. I can see a LED light on the mobo showing that there is power going to the mobo. Also i have put my new PSU into my old comp and it powered up just fine. Anything else I could check or do to troubleshoot this issue? I would really apreciate help! Thanks everyone.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:37:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Could be many things. Start by making sure everything is seated properly like the CPU, RAM, video card. Mobo could also be shorting out on the case someplace. If reseating does not help try pulling the mobo out of case and lay it on an anti static bag with all the cables and wires hooked up and see if it will boot. Worst case something is fried or bad. To find out you would just have to start swapping or replacing parts.
whistler40069
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:27:14    Post Subject: DFI Ultra-D Reply with quote View Single Post

HEY, I have also recently purchased the same board... just wanted to say make sure that all 4 Power conncectors are connected because that may remedy your problem.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:46:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There is also a small issue with some low latency ram and the DFI NF4 boards.

Sometimes you need to put a stick of generic (lame) ram, flash your bios to the latest, and then you can put your OCZ (killer) ram back in and everything will be fine.

Alos, make sure you use the Orange slots. Also, try to boot with just one stick at first.

I know I saw info on this at OCZ's Forum, but I can't seem to find it anymore...

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:58:11    Post Subject: Re: Problem with new PC startup - Please Help! Reply with quote View Single Post

mheinz wrote:
...went to start up the system nothing happend. I can see a LED light on the mobo showing that there is power going to the mobo....... .

there power to the MB so the next step is to be sure the case power switch is connected and functioning properly.
It should at least start the boot process if you have that and power to the MB.
mheinz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:04:09    Post Subject: still nothing Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, i tried booting outside of the case. Nothing
I tried reinstalling everyting. still nothing.
I don't have any RAM other than my old old PC 133 512 stick from my old CPU. I will try the one stick ram right now.

Setting up the front panel connectors i have the following connectors. THere is a speaker, reset, HDD Led, Power Sw, and a + and a - . from the instructions i am guessing that the ATX-SW is power SW and for the PR-LED there shows threee conectors usable (pin 2 and 4 = LED Poer (+) and pin 6 LED Power (-). So i put in my + pin 4 and - in pin 6 right? (and would this have anything at all to do with my problem?

AHHHH... Anything else you guys can think of to do? Thanks for the help so far!
mheinz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:06:09    Post Subject: One more thing Reply with quote View Single Post

There is a power switch and a reset switch on the mobo itself. Will these work without the front panel cords connected? Cuz i have tried using them as well and still nothing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:30:36    Post Subject: Re: One more thing Reply with quote View Single Post

mheinz wrote:
There is a power switch and a reset switch on the mobo itself. Will these work without the front panel cords connected? Cuz i have tried using them as well and still nothing
If you disconnect the case's power switch you can use a screw driver to short the pins together momentarily. This is all the switch does anyway and will rule out a bad case switch.
mheinz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 17:09:14    Post Subject: Update... still not working though Reply with quote View Single Post

Alright.. I think i had the heatsink on there wrong. If you go to this linki it shows how you should put it on. On the manual that got sent with the cooler it didn't say to keep the backplate on, so i had the metal H bracket against the botom of the mobo. It doesn't look like anything is fried but that is what might have happend.

http://www.thermaltake.com/support/installguide/coolers/CL-P114_Big_Typhoon.pdf

Anyways.. I took aay theThermaltake cooler and replaced it with the stock heatsink and reconnected everything. Now when i turn on the power the Light and the fan in the PSU will turn on for half a second ad then back off and the 4 LED status lights on the mobo turn on but it all shuts right back off. Any suggestions? Lemmie know. Thanks everyone you guys are awesome!!
mheinz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:23:14    Post Subject: Got it Reply with quote View Single Post

Just wanted to say thanks to Asylum. He was such a great help, as well as everyone else that helped!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: