63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
no - he should not be charged there marryed
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:40:23    Post Subject: jail the sob -or let them live in Harmony Reply with quote View Single Post

whats your thoughts on this . is it a Attorney General looking for headlines -or doing what he should be doing ?

A 22-year-old man faces criminal charges in Nebraska for having sex with an underage 13-year-old girl, although he legally married her in Kansas after she became pregnant.

The man's lawyer said the couple, with their families' support, "made a responsible decision to try to cope with the problem."

Matthew Koso, 22, was charged Monday with first-degree sexual assault, punishable by up to 50 years in prison. He was released on $7,500 bail pending an Aug. 17 preliminary hearing.

After the girl became pregnant, her mother gave permission in May for Koso to take the young woman to Kansas, which allows minors to get married with parental consent. The girl is now 14 and seven months pregnant.

"The idea ... is repugnant to me," said Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning. "These people made the decision to send their ... 14-year-old daughter to Kansas to marry a pedophile."

He said the marriage is valid, thanks to the "ridiculous" Kansas law, "but it doesn't matter. I'm not going to stand by while a grown man ... has a relationship with a 13-year-old - now 14-year-old - girl."

Bruning, who has said he will seek a second term in 2006, has aggressively prosecuted sex crimes against children since he was elected in 2002

The couple were married in May by a judge in Hiawatha, Kan., just across the state line from Falls City.

Nebraska allows people as young as 17 to marry if they have parental consent.

Kansas law, however, sets no minimum marriage age, although case law sets the minimum age at 14 for boys and 12 for girls. The marriage must be approved by both parents or guardian, or by a district court judge, said Whitney Watson, spokesman for Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline. A judge also must approve if only one parent approves.

Koso's lawyer, Willis Yoesel, said the girl's mother and Koso's parents approved of the marriage. He said the girl's father has not lived with the family for some time.

"It seems to me like they, as much as they could, made a responsible decision to try to cope with the problem," Yoesel said.

"The families are all united in this effort," Yoesel said. "I don't know who is complaining. ... What benefit is there to anybody in the prosecution of this young man?"

There was no comment from Koso, who does not have a listed telephone number.link
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:49:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dont give a Rat's a$$ if they are married or not that is just wrong and I hope they not only nail him for it but the girl's Mother as well for giving the daughter permission to get married at that age. While we are at it someone ought to slap some sense into the law makers in Kansas as well for letting a 13 yr old get married. Mad Bang Head Mad
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:12:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW....my 22yr old brother in-law just married his 17yr old pregnant girlfriend and i thought that was wrong. Rolling Eyes
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I figure 1) Marriage is for true love, and 2) true love can wait till she's 18.

A letter to a soldier
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:44:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dammit my 3 response to the poll didn't post
anyway here it is . and my feelings to .

i would of killed the sob and it been me on trial !
mAnChO
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:47:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well if you think about it from the perspective of the girl being a single mother and only 14 then them getting married would be fine. But yeah the fact that its a 22 year old dude is pretty wack...but you can't do anything about it now so i totally agree and I think they've taken the correct course and done the right thing.

Stop being uptight America and be more like Canada.

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:16:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

and i bet -there still living in mommy and daddys trailer ! Razz
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:48:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:

Stop being uptight America and be more like Canada.

I'll be moving to the "land down under"' when that happens Bang Head Yikes
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:21:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As much as it sickens me to see that, the law allows for it. It's happened in the past to some famous people in fact. The girl can get out of the marriage, although she might be scared to do so. Just leave them be, it seems the girl is in no danger.
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:46:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hoep they fry to SOB.. fact is he had sex with a 13 year old girl, and they were not marrieda t that time.. SHe was pregnant when they got married. Law is under 15 years old and with over 4 years age difference is RAPE!!!! So him being prosecuted is the ONLY RIGHT thing that can be done!!! I hope he gets the max sentence!!!

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: