Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
mail link problem in outlook exspress 6.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:09:30    Post Subject: mail link problem in outlook exspress 6.0 Reply with quote View Single Post

im having a problem when i get a message and i want to go to the web site though a link on the page . its not on all but a lot of them .
i click on the link and by browser will not open to that site . its like a wasted click . im using internet exporer 6.029 - i had fire fox and didnt like it .and it wanted to take over so i deleted it .
any ideas on this guys ? help please i have to go to a lot of sites though email links i get from clients .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:29:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What do you mean by "My browser will not open to that site?" Does it open at all? Does it give an error message? Does it take you to bigbruinshouseofp0rn.com ???
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:43:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i can go to websites in my book marks .but i can not go to a link in a email .i get the email but like for exsample - its a walmart ad email .i click on the link in the email to go to walmart,com . my browser will not open up !
also lets say its pc Magazine i get the full email but were you click to go to there download site -my computer will not . it only on emails if i open a browzer up and type in a web site i am directed to that web site .
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:30:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are you sure the links really are links and not just text?

If so, try this...

1) Open IE
2) Click on Tools
3) Click on Internet Options
4) Click on Programs tab
5) Check box that says "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser"
6) Close IE
7) Reopen IE and choose Yes on the box that opens when IE starts to open.

See if that works.
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:59:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

didnt work Sad
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:05:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In your start menu, you should have a button to 'Set Program Access and Defaults'. Open that up and change the default browser to IE.

A letter to a soldier
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:50:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

THANK YOU IceNine THIS WORKED ~~~~~~~~~
IceNine wrote:
In your start menu, you should have a button to 'Set Program Access and Defaults'. Open that up and change the default browser to IE.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:50:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Glad to be of service. Smile

A letter to a soldier
byfe59
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:17:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This solved a similar problem for me too.
Although I found Mozilla Firefox to be light years ahead of IE, it caused Profile Space problems (on an office pc) and I had to uninstall it.
Shame to back with IE, but at least I can click the links in Outlook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: