Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
sell ing a house question ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:57:31    Post Subject: sell ing a house question ? Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm selling a home in Arizona . and the buyer is putting a down payment of a goodly amount down . i know it go's to-wards the total price of the home '

here is my question -
when is this money give to me - before the closing on the home . or at the closing when the home changes hands ?
also it may take a month for this to make it to the closing is the money just put in a interest bearing account -or just sits as a check -no money earned on these funds .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:17:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well we just closed on a house a few months ago. We didn't spend one penny until the day we closed.

So, I would say that the down payment will be given to you most likely through the lender at closing time.

*NOTE* I AM NOT A LICENSED REALTOR IN ANY STATE... I KNOW NOTHING... CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL Crazy
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:16:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

To my knowledge NO money changes hadns until closing. Everything has to go through the title office. At least that is the way it is in Ohio... byt like Cheezy I am not a professional Relator.. so take the infor for what it is woth...LOL

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:51:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The sale of a home goes through escrow.

You give the home to the escrow company, the buyer (lender) gives the money to the escrow company, everyone deals with the escrow company. At the close of escrow, everyone takes posession of what is theirs. The title goes to the lender, the house to the buyer and the funds are disbursed to the seller (or old lender and seller if any equity exists).

You will not see dime one until the close of escrow. The down payment is between the buyer and their lender, it means they want to finance less than the selling price.

Like the rest I am not a professional...
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:11:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

if you are purchasing another house i werk for ING DIRECT and we have some good mortgages going on right now... ONLY if youre looking to get another home in like the next 10 years if youre getting another place for life i wouldnt waste the phone call lol

1800 ing bank

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: