Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Any xbox mod-chip guru's here "LEGAL TOPIC"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:09:07    Post Subject: Any xbox mod-chip guru's here "LEGAL TOPIC" Reply with quote View Single Post

I;ve sort of run into a problem. i've had a mod chip installed since last january Xecuter 2.3 lite so i can back up my original copies of my games, so they dont get damaged Wave

Today i was in evox menu rebooted the xbox and now the front light blinks green and red the xbox will power on then off then on then off then on then it will start blinking green/red

Now from wat i have seem most people say it is a solder problem with the D0 wire. but i opened it up and chked it its fine all the wiring is fine. others say the MPCX chip may be shot. But thats not the case with mine either..

If i disable the chip the xbox boots into MS DASH just perfectly.

So i am thinking could it somehoe be when i rebooted it a power spike may have scrwwed up the mod chips bios/tsop/eeprom?

any help is good help

thanks

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:42:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing I should report you to MS.... Bill might give me a raise. Laughing

Sorry man... I don't even own an XBox. However it would seem if you disable the mod chip and it boots normally after that, it would make logical sense something went bad with the chip.
dfu
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:39:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

try using a different controller. i had a simmilar prob and then just pluged in the standard S controller and it worked fine for me. dont know y it would do that but it works
ClosedEyesSeeing
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:21:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd suggest 1 of 2 things:

1) Load up the chip's OS (if it has one) and reload EVOX and the Bios. But after looking here I don't think there is.

2) If you have a copy (or know somebody who does) of Mechassult or Splinter Cell (Pandora Tomorrow) and you can softmod the xbox (PM me if you need help with that) and you can go from there.

Also, what version is your Xbox? If you don't know, you can find out here.

"One must close their eyes to precieve what it is they cannot see"
- Eric Fortner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: