Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Anyone use pfsense for a firewall?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Bank
Mice Elf

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:27:04    Post Subject: Anyone use pfsense for a firewall? Reply with quote View Single Post

I am looking for more throughput, more control, and more power from my network... so I may turn one of my mini ITX systems into a router/firewall with pFense - www dot pfsense dot org (I am apparently not trusted to post URLs).

Anyone else using it at home? Small business?

I will have a dual core Celeron at 1.8GHz, 2GB DDR3 1333MHz, and the disk is undetermined yet. Looks like you can run from flash, so maybe a 32GB USB 3.0 drive would work, but I would like to get a small SSD or HDD to go in there.

Hoping to improve local traffic control, as well as making sure my 100Mbps service is working to the max... And maybe keep some devices (kid's tablets and ipods) from going online too much.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:32:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would like to - for some of the same reasons. Give it a shot and then show me the ropes. Or at least let me know if you have to be a super Linux nerd to do it up right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: