Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Firefox mouse problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:01:01    Post Subject: Firefox mouse problem Reply with quote View Single Post

OK I have installed and set up Firefox as my default browser and it is going pretty good. I have one very annoying problem right now tho. When I go to the page to submit a reply in any forum none of the scroll features on my Logitech MX500 will work. Not the wheel or the scroll button. So I have to use the arrows on the side of screen. Once off the submit reply page the mouse scrolling features work fine. This is happening on all the forums I go to. Anyone else have this problem or better yet know of a fix?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:44:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Click somewhere outside of the replybox and then see if you can scroll.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:57:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DOH talk about feeling like a dumb a$$. Thanks PMG
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:09:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thats the same in IE, isn't it?

GET THE NOOB!!! Laughing

Bang Head
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:24:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dont think so. At least I never had it happen to me.

Yeah I am a Firefox noob come and get me while you can because I wont be one for long Grin
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:43:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:46:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You know what sucks most about this post?

I didn't get the chance to throw a "NOOB!!!" out. Grin Grin Grin Bang Head Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:15:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This one did send me through a loop though. I did notice that on some pages on some sites in firefox if the mouse is hovering over a certain area the scroll won't work but if I move away it does, this didn't happen in IE. a good example of this is espn.com. I have the espnmotion thing setup, and the mouse will not scroll on some areas of the page in firefox, yet in IE it scrolls everywhere. Whether this is a result of Firefox rendering the page "correctly" or a big remains to be seen. I'd like to think its because IE doesn't read the tags right according to W3 standards and allows it. I don't know if thats the case however.
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:32:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Any time there's a text box, drop-down menu, frame, etc, the wheel should scroll that instead of the main document.

If your mouse is set to click to focus, then it (and everything else) gets annoying. I don't recommend setting focus follows mouse in windows though, it's more trouble than it's worth since it's not done properly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: