Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
My Office...
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:57:30    Post Subject: My Office... Reply with quote View Single Post

The first semi-big project for me was setting up my office... Getting close to complete, so I thought I would post some pics!

The first one is of what it looked like beforehand... Not a likely candidate, as it had no electric outlets (but a dead one in the ceiling), reeked like cat piss, only light was from a bare bulb which had to be screwed in/out to operate, and was all mildewy and ugly as you can see below (the hole patching was done by me)...

Two walls are plaster, the other two are poured concrete with a "rustic" finish... Laughing

Next steps were to clean the walls, use a special mildew killing primer, paint everything with a few coats of heavy duty concrete paint. Then I installed two surface mount boxes with a total of 8 outlets, all leading back to a brand new 20 AMP breaker in my box... Ran the cable down to the room for TV and internet... Installed a direction light fixture with 3 halogen bulbs... Then laid down some commercial grade carpet, complete with the 4" high vinyl cove trim...

Then it was time to start moving in...

Note the fine trimming of the cove molding to work around the hump in the floor... Laughing

Not done yet... Have two HUGE black book cases on order with Office Depot... Want to get a black mini-blind for the window... And just saw wall mount lights to match my ceiling fixture on sale at Home Depot!

I'm pretty excited about this office... Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:01:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good work BB but where is your computer? I mean what kind of geek takes pics of his office with no computer in it? Confused
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:14:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Heh heh... Haven't gotten that far. If you follow the cable running out of the room, they are at the other end down in the play room... I have three rigs set up on my old kitchen table in there for now! Laughing
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:22:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice desk! where did you get that? I want one just like it. ....looks like it can handle a 21" monitor.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:34:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got it at a Mongomery Ward... They're out of business I think. I really like the convenient shape of it, and the desk surface tips up for more comfortable writing... but, it will NOT hold a big monitor, unless you slide it close to you on the writing part of the desk. The opening barely holds my 17" LCD, maybe 3/8" on either side clearance. I use two monitors, so the upper shelf works well for my 17" CRT.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:24:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very cool....

(mental note... I need to get my office done)
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:06:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good job, nice trim! Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

michael_holmes
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 04:28:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Goodwork. Now the kegorator. Oh umm nevermind.
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:50:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Book case my a$$! I saw your box of "books" the only thing you need for your "books" are a couple boxes of tissues!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:57:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bwahahahaha... But, I don't have any idea what you're talking about! Confused Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: