Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Men Vs Wild?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Challenger
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 09:36:27    Post Subject: Men Vs Wild? Reply with quote View Single Post

I love the shows Survivor Man and Man Vs Wild... Would love to get back in to camping / wilderness survival.

But - Did anyone see Men Vs Wild? An episode of Man Vs Wild, but Bear Grylls took Will Ferrell along with him! Could have been funnier, but was still pretty damn entertaining.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:47:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bear Grylls sleeps in Motel Six's when the camera's are off! GrinGrinGrin

Bear drinks his own pee and Les actually makes a solar still to distill his pee. GrinGrinGrin

I stopped watching man vs wild when bear was in AK and staged the whole sinking aluminum skiff scene. No one would have NOT noticed that amount of water entering a skiff they were paddling with a shovel. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

My new favorite non-reality tv show is "out of the wild" nothing like dropping a bunch of city folk off in remote parts of Alaska during the late fall. The drama of it all Grin

Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:20:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw Men Vs. Wild and it's true it could have been funnier... I got the feeling from it that Ferrell thought it would be a good promotion for his movie, prepared a couple of jokes in advance, but didn't manage to deliver them because it turns out the cold... really is cold! He was too busy not fainting. Smile

In a way I guess it made the show better because you get less of that 'staged' feel. I know a lot of Bear's stuff is staged but thankfully not all of it.
KingCountyDowny
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:16:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I drove up to Anchorage Alaska from Seattle last summer. On my way, I stopped in Whitehorse Yukon for a couple nights. Turned out they had just wrapped up an episode of Man vs Wild. Bear had already flown out earlier that day but the whole rest of the crew was staying there another night. We ended up wasted out in the street after the bar closed. I made a point for the crew to tell Bear that Kevin from Seattle, found a stream, followed it to a river, and somehow found himself s#!7* in Whitehorse with you *fv@%*. Grin
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:34:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well, I find Man vs Wild far more entertaining than Les's show...its rather boring. Regardless of what you think about the show the man is pretty resourceful Smile

I do need to find the episode with Ferrell in it as it looked pretty entertaining from the commercials I saw.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:58:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

borschtBomber[SS] wrote:
well, I find Man vs Wild far more entertaining than Les's show...its rather boring. Regardless of what you think about the show the man is pretty resourceful Smile

I do need to find the episode with Ferrell in it as it looked pretty entertaining from the commercials I saw.

I'll admit it's more entertaining. My argument is that since it's purported to be a REALITY show it should have a bit more basis in REALITY.

Truth is I rarely watch any of the REALITY shows so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.

Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:08:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I must agree with a few of the others in the fact that I find that Bear's show is a bit staged. Not to mention it seems he goes out of his way to drink urine or eat dried crap. Did someone want to let him know he can go for days without food, not reason to munch on a deer turd two hours after being dropped off. For this reason I stick with Survivorman myself.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:21:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blake wrote:
I must agree with a few of the others in the fact that I find that Bear's show is a bit staged. Not to mention it seems he goes out of his way to drink urine or eat dried crap. Did someone want to let him know he can go for days without food, not reason to munch on a deer turd two hours after being dropped off. For this reason I stick with Survivorman myself.

Give that man some Listerine Laughing
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:20:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blake wrote:

Thats what makes it entertaining lol I tend to stay away from reality shows as well, but he is interesting to watch..much more so than Survivorman which may have more helpful tips in reality, its rather boring to watch someone eat twigs and berries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: