Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
As Ronnie Would Say, "Well.."
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:39:17    Post Subject: As Ronnie Would Say, "Well.." Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, its done. A trip to Lackland AFB San Antonio TX is booked..

One of my sort of "stepsons" is graduating basic the weekend of Mar 8. So his mom, youngest sister, his brother and I are flying down for the ceremonies and such. He'll be off to his MO shortly there after, training to be some sort of numbers cruncher or bean counter.

If all goes well we'll be there for the parade on the 5th to final grad on the 8th. Then fly back on the 9th.

With any luck I can also meet up with an uncle that lives in Austin not far from San Antonio. He retired from the AF back in late 70's. Also hoping to visit the Alamo while we are in town.

Airman Basic Kuhn

Far left standing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:48:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Civilians in Uniforms! Where the smart ones go Grin
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:11:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL! Thats funny..

I gave him a little grief too about going to the AF, not much because dad and uncle served in the AF during Vietnam, and a cousin in there presently. I'm still proud of him for joining any of the services non the less. He didn't want to be in direct "action"(cant fault him for that), but still wanted to serve and get an education.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:22:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Road trip!

Cool
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:43:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Congrats to all! It's a prideful thing he is doing Smile
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:48:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Finally back. Was one long as trip.. I didn't get many photos, I left my digicam on my bed and Nancy didn't want to bring her big dollar 35mm cam. I got a few with my Ipaq phone cam, and we got some with disposable cameras that we'll have developed later.

Its a real b!%@# to drive around San Antonio. Interstates and frontage roads are a bear to get to shops, stores and attractions without knowing your way - the Garmin GPS was a God send most of the time. Every last person we encountered was very nice and friendly, from base personnel to people on the streets. We hit Six Flags, The Alamo, the Riverwalk, Ripley's attractions, toured the base on wheels and afoot. Church services on base was really nice, real early but very nice. 7:30am for first services.. 1st and 2nd week recruits gave up seats for family members that were there for the graduate Airmen.

Here is Nik, Nancy, Hanna, and Airman Kuhn in front of the Alamo.

The front from afar.

The memorial with all the names of those that died defending the Alamo enscribed above the head of the heavy set woman walking through.

There was a parade of re-enactment defenders and Mexican soldiers in front, this is the defenders pausing to face the crowd

Us on an overpass walk at Lackland one evening. I was dragging behind having just handed off Hanna to her mom to carry - 2 miles holding her was enough for me. lol

Crappy pic of what was a beautiful sunset on base. I hadn't noticed I had it set for low resolution until later. Sad The picture didn't do justice to a beautiful scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: