Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Phenom II
News on the release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:27:28    Post Subject: Phenom II Reply with quote View Single Post

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/12/08/amd_rolls_out_first_phenom_2/

DDR2 and 3! I can't wait to see some performance results to compare against Intel's top performer.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:49:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It sounds like everyone's pretty excited about these things. I've seen calims of some pretty high overclocks on liquid nitrogen.
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:57:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I was reading about them (right after I just bought new systems). I love AMD and all... but give them time to work out the kinks Grin

Also.. AMD has more than once had a "paper" roll out. So until I see them at Newegg... it's not real Grin
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:05:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, can't wait to see actual real world benchmarks and comparisons. Glad I waited to build a new machine, now maybe I'll be able to go this route, if they show up at the egg soon enough...
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:14:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I love AMD 'n all, but from my understandings of the core and its instruction set, it'll still be smoking Intel's @ss gas.

AMD didn't need to update to DDR3. Their DDR2 setup provides plenty of bandwidth.. They need to update their cache latency, instruction set, and bitrate sizes to even stand a chance at competing. All these cores and modern memory types means nothing when you're still working off a instruction set similar to the 1999 Athlon. All these Phenoms and Phenom II are really Athlon 64's, just faster memory and more cores - but the overall per-core power is still the same.

How may times can you paint the same car and call it a different model?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: