Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lian Li 750W Maxima Force Series Power Supply
http://www.bigbruin.com/2008/lianli750w_1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:14:26    Post Subject: Lian Li 750W Maxima Force Series Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

While I have been familiar with cases from Lian Li for years, I did not know what to expect from one of their power supplies. I assumed that the same high standards and attention to detail would be applied, and the 750W Maxima Force Series power supply confirmed that. It is a well made unit designed to serve in a variety of system configurations.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

doug-jensen
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:46:43    Post Subject: Re: Lian Li 750W Maxima Force Series Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
While I have been familiar with cases from Lian Li for years, I did not know what to expect from one of their power supplies. I assumed that the same high standards and attention to detail would be applied, and the 750W Maxima Force Series power supply confirmed that. It is a well made unit designed to serve in a variety of system configurations.

It would be worth noting that the specs are at only 25C, vs a more realistic 50C for the PCP&C products. PCP&C also has a 5 year warranty, and will make custom length cables for a small extra price. I notice that very few reviews of PSUs dare compare a PSU against PCP&C products.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:07:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi - Thanks for the post. Looks like you have been here for 3+ years waiting for the right moment to get involved.

I agree... The warranty is two years on this Lian Li unit, and longer is always better.

Where did you get the temperature data? I don't see that.

I just found I have a PCP&C 750W Silencer here that I thought was gone... I'll run it through the same tests sometime soon.
doug-jensen
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:27:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Hi - Thanks for the post. Looks like you have been here for 3+ years waiting for the right moment to get involved.

I agree... The warranty is two years on this Lian Li unit, and longer is always better.

Where did you get the temperature data? I don't see that.

I just found I have a PCP&C 750W Silencer here that I thought was gone... I'll run it through the same tests sometime soon.

I guess I'm too busy/lazy to take the time to post, but I do read a lot of your reviews.

This is from the SLI850: Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.4 x 9.1 inch (wxhxd)
850W Continuous (950W Peak) @ 50 Degrees C
Motherboard Connectors: 24-pin, 8-pin, 4-pin, dual 6-pin video
Drive Connectors: 15 (6 SATA)
Safter Agency Approvals: UL/ULC/CE/TUV
MTBF: 120,000 hours
Warranty: 5 Years

My primary PC has their 1KW PSU and despite the MB and CPU temps all being within rated safe ranges, the inside case temp is 53C when I'm pushing my dual 4-core Xeons on a multithreaded video app for 30+ minutes. I don't doubt that many folks never reach a 50C case temp, but I bet most of your readers are enthusiasts who should be aware of the misleading 25C specs that drop to only half power at 50C.

Note too that it is single rail. I am amazed at PSU ads (and some reviews) that brag about the PSU being multi-rail, which is a definite disadvantage.

This is interesting reading:
http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

I have a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and 20 years experience designing expensive big iron mainframes, so I can catch the marketing baloney easily.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: