Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
data recovery on the cheap (free)
data recovery on the cheap (free)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:43:57    Post Subject: data recovery on the cheap (free) Reply with quote View Single Post

Just wondering if anyone has been able to locate a good data recovery package? I have a external drive that is out of warranty and the drive is no longer accessible.

I know that they normally run per bit recovered, but I am looking for a discount.

Suggestions?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:55:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nothing good here is cheap/free. If they say they are, they normally don't work. And depending on the exact reason why you can't access the drive, the only option might be a professional. And that's VERY expensive.

If it's that important I'm a "reseller" for Seagate and they have a service: http://services.seagate.com/?lng=en-us . I'll forgo any commissions/profit on it if you need to use it. Contact me via PM if you need to go that route.

They have some trail software you can use, it might give you an idea of what you need to do:
http://services.seagate.com/diysoftware.aspx

Again with that, I'll see if I can sell it to you if you need it, and you can have it at what ever it cost me.
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:04:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks, while I was on the phone with WD support the tech had me do a couple things, one of them was hook it up to a mac I have. After that the drive started to click. (panic of the old zip drive days came back).

I see the pricing and to be honest i can not remember what is on the drive. The cost might not be worth it. Maybe it is time to start using my S3 service more for my backups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: