Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
9800GX2 HDMI sound
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:50:41    Post Subject: 9800GX2 HDMI sound Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm currently running a 9800GX2 and a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro on Windows Vistax64 Ultimate. I have the card connected to my reciever, to my T.V. through HDMI. But I have no idea how to get the sound to work. I have it connected internally by the supplied cable. But I'm not aware of how to check to make sure everything is working correctly since I cannot get any sound over my T.V. speakers when I set HDMI as the primary audio device. If anyone has any possible ideas, I've exhausted google on enabling, checking, ect. Thanks in advance.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:26:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

This seems to be something ATI has done better than NVIDIA, as it has been a snap for me with all these Radeon HD cards.

Anyway... I remembered this news post from the other day and wondered if it would help you... LINK
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:19:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow thanks for the good article. I just finished reading it. I think the first thing I'll check is the S/pdif connection on the sound card. Make sure it's plugged in correctly. It could be reversed, didn't know if it was like jumpers or not. I'll take the sound card out and make sure it's connected the right way. Thanks again.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:21:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got it working! It's a little trixy and odd. But long story short, I didn't have it plugged into the sound card correctly. I had it plugged into an S/pdif in, not an out.

Long story. Pulled out the soundcard, learned there was no port to plug it into. Researched the EVGA 780i to find if the onboard has one. It does. Plugged it in, removed my soundcard. Bam everything over hdmi. Great. Put my soundcard back in. Default back to soundblaster. To get it to play on HDMI all Ihave to do is go into windows media player classic->view->options->output->directshow Audio and change it from system default to hdmi. Easiest way to do it for video.
For all sound control panel->sound->right click HDMI set to default.

I hope if anyone else gets this card, which it is really nice (running a 19", 24" and 46") it helps if they want to run audio over HDMI for HTPC setups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: