Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
P4 E P4 C and AMD 64???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:49:33    Post Subject: P4 E P4 C and AMD 64??? Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm just wondering if one were to buy a cpu right now which would be the best route to go?

I know the P4 E has 1mb cache and the P4 C has 512kb cache, and thee different cores, but what is the advantage of having a Prescott ? Which is better for overclocking.

Then there is the AMD Athlon 64, other than being a 64bit processor what are the advantages of the cpu? I dont see an abundance of 64 bit apps comming out any time soon, and when Windows 64 bit does come out it will still take prolly a year for major apps to be made for 64bit am i right?

So bottom line, if a person wants mad overclocking, and fast performance.

What to go with?

Thanks

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:08:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The "C" core is a great overclocker from what I hear. Talk to BigBruin on these boards, he has a 2.8GHz that I belive is watercooled.

The "E" Prescott chip runs very hot!!! You better have some exceptional cooling if you want to oc this chip!!! I have the 2.8E, and tho it is a fast chip...the sucker idles above 50'c (air cooled).

trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:08:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Check this out....... I replaced the low end copper cooler with a TT Spark 7 on the P4 2.8E Prescott, new coat of AS5 and it now runs @ 52'c while folding (still not cured)(was at 50'c idle with the other cooler).

Whats interesting is that in prep to doing the Artic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev.3 on my 9600XT, I rebuilt my AMD 2500+Barton, with the SLK800U and a new coat of AS5....while folding...this processor has yet to hit 35'c!!!
And, thats been verified by the ASUS Probe, BIOS & temp probe from my DigiDoc 5.

Can you say "Happy Camper"?? Grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: