Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Abit NF-M2 nView Doesn’t Like PS2 KVMs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:49:13    Post Subject: Abit NF-M2 nView Doesn’t Like PS2 KVMs? Reply with quote View Single Post

When everything is said and done I plan to network DreamCatcher v2.0, Yoda’s SMN, and of course the server BluHaz reDux v2.0. DC v2 will be a stand-alone but YsSMN & BHrDx v2 will share keyboard, mouse and monitor. This is to be done with a Linksys SVIEW04 v2.

While I’m setting things up, assembling, and testing these builds I thought I’d hook all of them up using the KVM. YsSMN & BHrDx are Biostar Tf 6100-939 mobos with DC is using an Abit NF-M2 nView.

After everything is connected, the two Biostars have no issue with anything. However the Abit appears to not like the KB / mouse setup as it will show video. I’ve swapped cables, and positions with the same results.

The mouse & keyboard is a wireless Logitech Deluxe Internet Pro combo (nothing special).

Also when the kb/mouse is connected directly to the nView nothing will work as long as I have the KB hooked through a PS2 adapter. If it is connected directly to a USB port everything is fine.

Suggestions?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:53:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had issues with a PS2 KVM on an Abit board of my own (KW8D). Not sure what it was in order to help you, though. I just couldn't control it well, the screen would flicker, the mouse would stutter, and the Windows Start button seemed like it was always being pressed as the menu would pop up.

Did you install drivers and what not with the devices connected directly to the PC, and then add the KVM?

Maybe it is the wireless part... I could see it being possible that the KVM might interfere with that.

I went to a USB KVM... Laughing
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:51:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Seems everyone I've talked to that has tried to use Abit boards with ps2 KVMs have had issues. Going to give this USB to PS/2 Converter TU-PS2 (Version v1.1R) a try & see what happens! Smile
jedihobbit
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:25:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well the TRENDnet arrived and seems to be what the doctor ordered! The abit is working right along with the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: