Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Eagle Tech ET-CS2LSU2-BK 2.5 Inch USB Drive Enclosure
Eagle Tech 2.5 Inch USB Drive Enclosure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:20:34    Post Subject: Eagle Tech ET-CS2LSU2-BK 2.5 Inch USB Drive Enclosure Reply with quote View Single Post

The Eagle Tech ET-CS2LSU2-BK is one of the best hard drive enclosures I have used and it just feels like it is built to last. The drive doesn't rattle inside, the housing doesn't flex, and the combination of thick steel side panels and beefy rolled edges indicate that it is ready to offer years of reliable service no matter how it is handled. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

wmertens
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:38:13    Post Subject: Re: Eagle Tech ET-CS2LSU2-BK 2.5 Inch USB Drive Enclosure Reply with quote View Single Post

2 questions:

1. Does it suspend the drive when the system is idling?
  2. Is it really limited to 250GB or does it work with the WD Scorpio 320? (this one)

Thanks for this great review Smile

Wout.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:54:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... Could you tell me more about what you mean in #1? As in, if a notebook is in sleep mode?

For #2, yes that 320GB drive was used in the review...

Quote:
With the drive powered up and connected to Windows XP, I was happy to see one item in the list of official specifications was wrong. It states that the ET-CS2LSU2-BK "Works with 2.5"hard drives up to 250GB", but I was able to access the full formatted capacity (298GB) of the installed 320GB drive.

It definitely sees more than 250GB!
wmertens
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:08:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Hi... Could you tell me more about what you mean in #1? As in, if a notebook is in sleep mode?

Yes, indeed. But also when the OS decides to spin down the drives. Under OS X, it also spins down the drive when you eject it. Some USB enclosures listen to the command, and others do not. I would hope a fine enclosure such as this one does spin down...

Quote:
For #2, yes that 320GB drive was used in the review...

Rolling Eyes Oops I missed that one...

Thanks!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:23:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll test that sometime soon to see what happens.

What I think is that it will depend on the USB profile, generally set in the BIOS. I have Windows based PCs only, so I can't test on a Mac... But I will try it on my notebook running Windows Vista.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:44:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just messing around with it a bit on my laptop with Vista Home Premium, what you are looking for seems to be all related to the Vista power profile...

Not sure about how this (or anything else really) would work on a Mac! Grin
wmertens
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:02:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Just messing around with it a bit on my laptop with Vista Home Premium, what you are looking for seems to be all related to the Vista power profile...

Hmmm - so if you eject the drive from windows, or wait long enough, does the drive spin down? In my experience most USB enclosures simply don't do this, which means you have to be careful about leaving them connected to your system for a long time, heat-wise.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: