Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Problem with FX5200 on HDTV?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:01:35    Post Subject: Problem with FX5200 on HDTV? Reply with quote View Single Post

I installed a spare GeForce FX5200 in my Home Theater PC over the weekend. The video is VERY nice, much nicer than the onboard S-Video out I was using.

BUT (ain't there always some kind of problem) the video is TOO large for the TV screen. My HDTV is a widescreen TV, the video card supports HDTV in widescreen. The desktop is large enough that I can't see the first row of icons, and I can't see the start bar.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Already sent a message to tech support to see if they know anything, but don't really want to wait a week to find out they don't know anything!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:13:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Should be settings in the GeForce drivers to adjust the screen size... Work your way into the Advanced Display Properties, and find your way to "Device Adjustment" and have a look at the screen adjustments there for your TV out... Works on my TV out GeForce cards...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:16:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Tried that, couldn't get it to make any difference *shrug* Probably just not paying close enough attention to it Razz
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:23:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hmmm... I have similar problems sometimes, but where I described to go made it just right for me by shrinking and sliding a little to the right...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:44:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Funny thing is when I watch a movie/tv on it, the TV knows to change the size of the screen automatically, when the video goes to full screen. So at least that's not a problem.

But it is a problem switching to open windows, programs, etc.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:19:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know for the Radeon cards, you need to get that program... crap, help me out here, Power sumthin. It allows custom resolutions. You will need to be able to use custom resolutions to adjust for the different resoultions of the HDTV.

I'm sure there is something for NV cards that would do the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: