Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master CM Media 280 Convertible HTPC Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:34:52    Post Subject: Cooler Master CM Media 280 Convertible HTPC Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The CM Media 280 is being marketed as a "Power HTPC" due to its ability to support full size video cards, multiple hard drives, and its high quality aluminum appearance. In addition to these features, one of the most innovative items is the ability to change the orientation of the case from a tower to a desktop. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

brawls
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:00:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have yet to find the 280 in the wild. Retailers only seem to be stocking the 281 currently.

Questions:
1. Are the front pannel doors aluminium or plastic?
2. Your upgrade pannel to the 280 was a complete faceplate with the multimedia buttons, correct? CM's site only shows an upgrade for the VFD and IR Remote. Did anyone indicate if the 280 faceplate would be sold complete?

Thanks for the good review.
tlsrulz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:00:17    Post Subject: will thermalright ultra 120 extreme fit Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

Can you tell me what heatsink you used for the review. I want to know if the ultra 120 will fit. I will be running a Q6600 Smile

Thanks
TLS RULZ
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:20:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is the Noctua NH-U9. You shouldn't have any problems putting any cooler in it. At least none that aren't taller than a full height video card. I'll have to check how much space was above the card after installation.

It does look like it is standard height, so if the cooler would fit in a normal case, it should fit here (withough checking at home).
tlsrulz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:44:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks Hellfire for the quick reply.

The Noctua NH-U9 is 128mm in height.. while the Thermaktake Ultra 120 is 160mm... Hence my delemmma. I guess its silimar to the Noctua NH-U12F which is 155mm

The CM 280 is 7" = 177.8mm .. but with the Motherboard and standoff I'm still not sure if I can fit a good cooler in there.

I guess what I'm looking for is with the motherboard installed, a measurement from the base of the MB into the case cover. I need at least 161mm to fully be able to close it. I'd really appreciate it if you could try to get me this.

I'm really bent on this case since it has 120mm fans which u can run at low speed and still get a quiet HTPC

Thanks
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:25:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have the system torn apart right now, without a motherboard in there, so I can't provide you exact measurements.

I can say though, if you look at the 120mm fan in the picture on this page:
http://www.bigbruin.com/2007/cmmedia280_4

The 120mm fan goes right to the edge of the top of the case. So you would have 120mm from the top of the keyboard port key (which is approximately 45mm).

It's doubtful that the Thermalright 120 will fit. If it did, it would be VERY tight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: