Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Another question on fans,
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:05:23    Post Subject: Another question on fans, Reply with quote View Single Post

On my case i have a 120mm fan in the front and I'm unable to clean it as I'm not sure how to remove the front of my case(would try but does not want to break it).Anyway it has at least 5 months of dust i would say and i leave in a old home which is loaded with dust,anyway my question is if it is getting allot off dust on it could the dust build up cause to sound louder?While playing HL2 today i heard the system sound louder then normal,then once I'm done playing the noise goes down to where or how it always sound.

I was able to clean the rest of my fans,except for the front fan,so could it be the fan be making my system sound louder then normal during gaming ?

Thanks
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:14:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, dusty build up can cause it to be more noisy.

Normally there are some sort of clips that attach the front to the frame. Sometimes they require you to push them in, other times you just have to pull. What case do you have?
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:24:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The raidmax sagitta by the looks of them i push in, just dont have no trust in myself Sad I'm a big worry wort that i will break it in someway.

What about the bears 4-0 wow looked really good tonight,may be another 85 team in the making lol
OST
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:57:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is necessary more often to clean of the fans Wave
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:04:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, cleaning the fns regularly is a good idea. And if you don't have a dust filter pre-installed, look at making one! Just stretch something like a pany hose or a fabric softener sheet over the inlet side of the fan. Tape the edges to the case, or something. I like the fabric softener approach, because even a used one catches alot of dust, and makes a nice smell while it's at it!

Grin
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:17:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OST wrote:

WTF
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:31:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
OST wrote:

WTF

Non-Native English speaker. So, let's try and give him a break. After all he's trying. Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

OST
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 04:43:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

Non-Native English speaker. So, let's try and give him a break. After all he's trying. Grin

Sad
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:02:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeah guys, let's try not to piss off the new folks.
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:20:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The way that you first described it made me think of your fans being on AutoSpeed right now. In my opinion, it sounds like when your system gets on high load and things start heating up, your fans are speeding up to compensate for it, thus creating more noise for you. I don't think it would be just the dust accumulating if its only noticable while your playing HL2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: