Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ATI Fan Failure
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:56:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
My ATI card from Gigabyte was failing soon after I bought it... Switched it for the Thermaltake cooler I reviewed (and then quickly shipped it off to Hellfire... Laughing ).

Grin

Which promptly died about 30 days later....now I know why he wanted to get rid of it so quickly...

I've only had one video card fan go out on me, a PNY 5600Ultra. Lasted about 2.5 years before it went out. Usually when they get noisy then I change them. Then again, probably go through video cards more than most people....
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:06:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did it really? I was just kidding about getting rid of it to you, as it never really had a chance to fail here. Would only be on a few minutes a day before I got the good cooler! Yikes - Sorry. What happened?
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:21:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well after several phone calls and a ton of emails Newegg has finally agreed to replace the card with one of THESE

What do you think did I get ripped or did I make out?
DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:05:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As far as I know, it's the best AGP card available.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:50:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dadx2mj wrote:
Well after several phone calls and a ton of emails Newegg has finally agreed to replace the card with one of THESE

What do you think did I get ripped or did I make out?

You made out.

Its better than your 9800 Pro on all accounts.

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:38:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Agree... you made out. The 9800 pro probably has higher clock speeds, but the X1600 supports more, better GPU, and 512MB RAM.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:14:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Someone needs to do a review and prove it is better! Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

monkeysauce
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:53:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my 9800 had a fan die, but first it did the high whiney thing for about a week. For $15 on special, I bought one of the original Arctic Cooler replacement fans.

It sucks that the fan can't keep up for any appreciable amount of time though.
________
volcano vaporizer review

Last edited by monkeysauce on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:55:31; edited 1 time in total
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:18:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I pestered Newegg enough they over nighted me the X1600 Pro to replace the 9800 Pro. Have not had time to really get into it yet but it definitely is a better card than the 9800 Pro. I was able to turn up the quality settings in Doom 3 and Quake 4 and it is playing smoother on the higher settings than the 9800 Pro did on lower settings.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:35:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had an ATI 9800 die on me 5 months into it's life. Quite frustrating to be playing Doom3 and then to see artifacts and then lock up. I reached into my computer and all but burnt myself on the heat sink. I, unfortunately, ordered from someone other than NewEgg and got screwed. No new card. No replacement. Nothing. That's the last time I use that company (eWiz...by the way)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: