Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cpu cooler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:17:29    Post Subject: Cpu cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm thinking about buying a better cooler. However i have no clue on which one to buy or which one i need. I have a P4- prescott .Im not sure but i think its a 478 socket but when i look at newgg thier is alot of 478 socket and i dont know which one will be best for me. But i would like to have a better cooler for my cpu but have no clue where to begin and knowing what togo buy
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:59:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Luckily, many of the good Socket 478 are universal, so if it happens to be Socket 775 you are covered.

Like you said, there are tons. Maybe the first step to eliminating a bunch would be to find your price limit.

Then... how big is your case?

And finally, do you mind removing your motherboard in order to install the cooler?
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:22:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well the case is that raidmax sagitta. and i dont think it be to hard to remove the mobo. As for the price goes im willing to spend enough to help keep the cpu cooler then it is.Unless 49 to 53 C in idle and around 60 to 70 C is good temps for a load then i wont worry about it. but im not sure if thats little high or not.I been told that the prescott is a warm running cpu but i m not sure if a better cpu cooler will be worth buying or not.I dont overclock.
Bitpower
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:55:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I suggest you go with a Thermalright cooler. I believe the Thermalright XP-90 will work on your socket CPU, and its one of the best coolers in the industry. Also will provide sufficient cooling, in case you want to overclock the processor.
monkeysauce
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:13:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

XP-90 and Panaflo 90mm L fan. Excellent performance that is quieter than stock and should run you around $35
________
homemade vaporizers

Last edited by monkeysauce on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:55:00; edited 1 time in total
werty316
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 01:39:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Thermaltake Big Typhoon is also a great cooler and I don't mind its shear size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: