Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What I use to cool my system.
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:14:30    Post Subject: What I use to cool my system. Reply with quote View Single Post

My cooling system............... Grin

Just a little bit of water cooling;

Swiftech MCR320 & 220 radiators
Swiftech MCP655 pump
Swiftech APOGEE CPU block
Swiftech MCW60 GPU block
Swiftech MC14 BGA video ram sinks
Home made 40 oz res.
5 TT 120mm fans on the radiators running at 6v controled by a Sunbeam Rheobus.

Added a new video card last week.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:33:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Holy... I don't think my car has as much heat exchange area on its radiator... Laughing
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:36:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like to keep things cool............Smile

Idle temps are just over room temp........Wink

zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:04:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hehehe. I've seen your "Watercooled" system many many many times before, sbrehm. And...it's always great to see it and get impressed over and over again... Grin I'm speechless. Crazy

Anyway, I'm currently using CoolerMaster Hyper 6+ Air Cooler to cool down my X2 3800+ CPU.
werty316
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:43:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Again very nice sbrehm. I am still using air as I am not eager to mix water with electronics. I use a sweet TT Big Typhoon.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:24:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very nice system. One of the cleanest I think I've seen.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:43:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks all, I take a lot of pride in keeping the system clean. Seems that I'm always working on the thing also, so I guess that helps..........Wink
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Bitpower
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:03:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Everything is so nice and neat, that it actually looks like there is a lot less there until you take the time to look more closely at the picture.

I was curious. You got a lot of fans on the system. How is the noise level on it?
xtreme571
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 May 2006 23:57:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Really neat setup.

What were your temps with aircooling?

I am currently looking for water cooling, but cant really find the right system. I tried one, but no go, only got like 3 degrees off.

What kind of case is that?
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:33:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Everything is so nice and neat, that it actually looks like there is a lot less there until you take the time to look more closely at the picture.

I was curious. You got a lot of fans on the system. How is the noise level on it?

I'm running all the fans at 6v so the noise level is pretty low. I have the option to crank them up to 12v if for any reason the room gets hoter during the summer months. Even with them turned up all the way the system is still quietier than my sons air cooled system.

Quote:
Really neat setup.

What were your temps with aircooling?

I am currently looking for water cooling, but cant really find the right system. I tried one, but no go, only got like 3 degrees off.

What kind of case is that?

I've never had thi rig on air cooling except for my video card for about a week. The temps I was getting on it OC'd to 550/1600 on air were 40c idle and 65c load with a room temp of around 22c. Now on water cooling the idle temp is 31c and load temps while benchmarking have beed as high as 35c. That's a pretty good drop.

The case is from Mountain Mods, it's called the U2 UFO.

Mountain Mods U2 UFO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: