Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Free PC to Phone calls with Skype for rest of 2006
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:56:12    Post Subject: Free PC to Phone calls with Skype for rest of 2006 Reply with quote View Single Post

Free PC to Phone calls within the US and Canada.

http://www.skype.com/helloagain.html

Of course I just paid to renew my Skype-In and Skype-Out.

Rolling Eyes
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:47:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool! Will have to get it set up and try it out.
SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:20:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

it's nice that skype is doing this. I gues that no one really want to pay for it if they can use it for free, I wonder if skype is doing this just to attract customers.
vanilla
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 00:19:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I remember seeing something many months ago, about Ebay buying Skype. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Ebay owns them?

But as far as it being free, there is some sort of ulterior motive at work here, and whether I'm right about Ebay owning them or not, that company will be looking to make money eventually. The big question is how they will go about it. They are probably offering it for free now, in order to get people hooked onto the service. Eventually they will either try to charge people OR you will see a lot of advertisements when using the service.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:58:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow this is a lot of fun Smile

Anyone know if there is a way to set what you come up as on the other person's caller id? Grin

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:01:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No - and that is what stinks to me. Even though I paid for a phone number through Skype's "SkypeIn", just like anyone else that makes an outbound Skype call, you only show up as something like 0001234567.

I think other services like Skype can be 'manipulated' to show different numbers, though.
dwalden
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:26:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I tried it last night to call my home number. My home number is set to not accept "private" numbers, so you have to record your name and it announces it to the receiver like a collect call and they decide if they want to accept or not.

Other than that worked nice. I wish I actually made long distance phone calls so it would be useful. Oh well.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Uberdroog
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:11:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like theat the phone number comes up as 0012345...does anyone know if you purcase a number from skype if it shows on caller ID?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 18:15:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nope. They won't offer that. By keeping their systems (inbound and outbound) separate they avoid being considered a phone company and don't have to worry about things like 911...
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:40:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Nope. They won't offer that. By keeping their systems (inbound and outbound) separate they avoid being considered a phone company and don't have to worry about things like 911...

Yea... speaking of VoIP 911... make sure you keep a land line. TRUST ME! Either that or a cell phone and make sure they do call triangulation in your area (not every place does).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: