Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
I could use a little newbie style help :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:04:20    Post Subject: I could use a little newbie style help :) Reply with quote View Single Post

Heya all,

I have a relatively easy question (I think). I have some new crucial ballistix memory but I had to manually adjust the voltage to 2.8v The question is if I also need to adjust the timings. The auto spd puts the timings at cas 2.5 then 8 for precharge delay then the other two speeds are set at 2 and 2 respectively. the reccomended timings are 2-2-2-6. thing is I dont know which is which or if its even worth it to change them. Sorry for the length and Thank you for your time and help :)

Phantom
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 07:42:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Phantom, welcome!

Yes, if you can manually adjust your memory timings, you might as well do it! Depending on what you are doing with this PC, you may not notice, but it is worth a shot... Especially going from CAS 2.5 to CAS 2. And beyond that some memory can do better timings than published, but you should at least get what they say it can do!

Wave
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:45:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Like BB said, I'd manually adjust those settings. Then you'll know if you have a problem with the RAM or not. If you put in those settings and your system becomes unstable then either your motherboard (BTW what board are you using?) can't handle those speeds and your wasting your money on high speed RAM, or the RAM is defective.
Phantom
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:48:36    Post Subject: hehe Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok I didnt spec out the system that was pretty newbie of me :bang:

P4 3.2 gig 800mhz FSB
Abit AS8 Mobo
2 gigs of crucial ballistex pc3200 ddr
Nvidia Geforce 6800 ultra AGP
500 watt connectX PSU
SB Audigy ZS2

and YUP its almost time to start making anew one :smile:

Phantom

PS and just so i am clear all 3 settings should be two and the rechagre delay should be 6?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: