Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Awesome Xmas Light Show
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:37:35    Post Subject: Awesome Xmas Light Show Reply with quote View Single Post

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:54:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yup, 88 channel controller, 16,000 lights, and big electric bill, alot of imagination.........and probably some pissed of neighbors. Laughing
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:13:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea... but it's worth it... casue it's COOOL!
wsm
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:19:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Alex Ill take
what do turing light crews do when they are off for december break.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:49:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

wsm wrote:
Alex Ill take
what do turing light crews do when they are off for december break.

Laughing That's what I thought too.. "Guy must be a lighten tech"
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:55:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone think it could just put a collection of different pictures of lighting arrangements. You notice it is PERFECTLY in sync with the song.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:34:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

wow!! just imagine all the neighbors I could p!ss off if I did that. Smile

Thats a far cry better then mowing the yard at 6:30am ona Sat or Sun.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:39:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Definitely still frame, and moving many pieces around to make it look like more stuff.

Where I grew up we had a family with a tiny little yard that was about all lights in December. You could see a glow from across town, planes could spot it easily, and the whole block was like broad day light. These were fairly tight packed houses, too, so I bet it was annoying.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:31:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't think it's still frame, and he's not moving any pieces around. I honestly think somebody with WAYYYY to much time on his hands did this.

By doing some Internet searches, it has more on the real side with nothing on the fake side.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:29:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

At first I though still frame, but read a couple sites about this guy and others going to GREAT lengths to have the best live animation each year.
One of the sites (gone now/exceeded bandwidth) told about this guy's setup, and I partly read about someone building a 320 channel midi based controller Yikes before it crashed (the site, don't know about device).
There are some homeowners around here who were sued by their nieghbors for a 20k light display, due to the constant traffic/disruptions between thanksgiving and X-mas.
there was some guy in New mexico/arizona a few years ago who had to bring in truck mounted generators to power his display when the power company refused to add his usual temporary power setup.
(Face it if you need an extra 200 amp service, you have TOO many lights)
Even Las Vegas is switching to mostly LED's because of the power useage/heat problems all the lights caused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: