Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Building a MAC Computer on Intel
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:33:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

going to bring this thread back, but anyone else running a hackintosh? From doing so reading on this, appears this the the best way to move forward.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:56:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Interesting.... very interesting....
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:51:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

because you brought this up, and I have been planning to build one all along, I just finished puting one together with some hardware I already had:

Core i5 750 2.66GHz
2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz DDR3
1TB WD Caviar Black SATA
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard
nVidia 8800GT
generic DVD-RW SATA drive

I did the EasyBeast install and checked the boxes for Lnx2Mac's Realtek ethernet drivers and NVEnabler. Haven't tried to put a GTX260 I have lying around in since it only has a generic video driver and no acceleration whatsoever.

I ultimately want to run it on an HP WX8400 that I picked up cheap because the specs are pretty close to a Mac Pro. That'll be a project for another day

Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:23:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so you are up and running? What was the install process that you used?
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:17:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Used iBoot and followed the guide word for word. Once I got to the desktop, I opened the Multibeast, applied the Combo Update, didn't reboot, ran Multibeast on EasyBeast, checked the boxes from above. Then I rebooted and ran a System Update. I had to go back in a 2nd time and re-run MulitBeast cause i lost my ethernet. After a reboot, I'm up and running fine. I haven't tried a new graphics card yet. Under System profile, it's listed as an i5 MacPro Grin

Next up is to try on a dual Xeon rig...I'll let you know when I get there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: