Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Power Supplies in plinkusa.net: Fake or not?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acura_TSX
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:31:22    Post Subject: Power Supplies in plinkusa.net: Fake or not? Reply with quote View Single Post

http://www.plinkusa.net/webdf550.htm

I'm looking for some rack mounts and power supplies, and I come cross this ebay seller. Anyone have experience with their power supplies? Just wonder how they can sell the power supplies at such low price.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:41:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

4U and up rack cases generally use standard sized ATX PSU's. 1U to 3U cases have smaller. Redundant PSU's are different as well.

What size rack case do you have?

http://www.electroseller.com/page/electroseller/CTGY/SC/

http://www.electroseller.com/page/electroseller/CTGY/009/

Last edited by knight0334 on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:43:41; edited 1 time in total
Acura_TSX
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:43:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm currently using the skyhawk IPC-4032, and I need the standard size power supply.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:45:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Coolness... I used to use 2 of those in my rack.

I wouldn't trust an el-cheapo PSU, nor an expensive one either for that matter...(damn Enermax, -$2500 in parts).

102485647_l.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.46 KB
 Viewed:  568 Time(s)

102485647_l.jpg

Acura_TSX
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:50:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Coolness... I used to use 2 of those in my rack.

I wouldn't trust an elcheap PSU, nor an expensive one either(damn Enermax, -$2500 in parts).

I'm looking for something around $70. Does Coolness come with 1 or 3 year warranty.

Just notice that you are using two skyhawk? What is the one in the middle? The beige color one
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:55:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Coolness isn't a brand, it was a reply of "yeah, thats cool." lol

Delta and Topower make good PSU's for server duties. Delta being on the more expensive side. I'd take a look at the link I provided up a couple replies for PSU's. A good dealer, and never had a problem with anything I bought from them.

I no longer have that rack system. The rack is in my kitchen til I offload it at work. The cases are in my basement collecting dust, cobwebs and mold.

I think the middle case was a proprietary rack mount 4U ATX from ICS(Intergrated Computer Services). I got it off eBay, complete with a P5 166mhz system in running condition for $50.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:38:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

PC Power & Cooling

Cheap ? NO.
The BEST? YES!!

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home/
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Evil_spork
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 03:01:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

for a regular desktop psu look at fortron. cheap and good. i'd skip on enermax and antec though. zippy and OCZ are 2 kidn of off the wall unknowns who makes VERY good desktop psus. but are way out of your price range.

edit: PCP&C is the best. but i like OCZ better in a desktop for noise level and better overclocking properties. i own 2 PCP&C (425, and 300) and a 600watt OCZ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: