Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
got a new GATEWAY LAPPY TONIGHT !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:25:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
i like dell lappys and viao has really picked up their game...as far as desktops e-machines are some of the best...at least thats what i heard from my buddy who works at best buy...he said that in the last few years e-machines have really evolved into great pc's...and they use namebrand motherboards in some of their machines...
i buy stuff at bestcrap but to have one that works there tell me anything about computers other then if they have it in stock ,well that would take some doing ,i have seen them tell some storys to sell a product .also most only know they got a job in a retail store .and know were the break room is ,time clock is and the service desk becouse they go there to pick up there pay checks Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:59:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Trust me, Dell laptops SUCK! I have had several. Matter of fact, I'm working on getting rid of mine right now at work, and getting them to replace it with a Toshiba.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:25:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ultimately i love toshibas and ibm...my dad had a thinkpad that thing is a tank...but as far as e-machines he said that they are supposed to sell what they had in stock but...he said he has seen e machines with name brand good motherboards in them...all you have to do is flash the bios and it is no longer an e-machines...and belive me i have had my share of older e machines my grandma got hers for free with a subscription to compuserve...now i have her on sbc dsl with a micro atx case and mobo...minimal hardware work...
Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:23:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Gateways are pretty good laptops. Im a fan of Dell and IBMs myself. My sister just got a Dell for college this year and its a pretty nice laptop. IBM are probally still one of the best on the market even though some company called Leneovo is making them now. As for as Toshibas I will NEVER buy another system from them again. I bought their Satellite 5005 and it is a piece of junk. this thing has crapped out 4 times since I had it. Come to find out it has a known design flaw but Toshiba still put it into production. Granted Im sure companies do this alot but its the principel. I will never buy another toshiba product again. http://www.satellite5005settlement.com/index.php

Mad
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:25:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Going on my 3rd dell laptop and I've never had a problem with any of them. Wish they'd offer AMD64 though. May end up switching to someone that offers an AMD for the next one. Will be awhile though, my Inspiron 9200 is pretty sweet and is more than enough for my needs at the moment.
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:30:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, my Dell laptop just died today. Won't turn on at all.... about typical from a dell in my experince.

Going to work on getting me a new toshiba from work.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 01:54:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that bites...good luck on the new lappy...i have an ibm r300 in my room that got thrown up on...it was my stepbrothers college laptop... Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:58:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I find it weird somethimes... i know of laptops that have been carefully looked after, kept free of coffe, crumbs and the like, never dropped, and they refuse to work.

My fiancee on the other hand, has over the last two years she has owned it, dropped her laptop, spilt very hot tea, soub and various types of alcohol, thumps it when it doesn't work and i once found her using it as a door wedge, yet it refuses to die.

Any ideas?
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:43:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

vulcan wrote:
I find it weird somethimes... i know of laptops that have been carefully looked after, kept free of coffe, crumbs and the like, never dropped, and they refuse to work.

My fiancee on the other hand, has over the last two years she has owned it, dropped her laptop, spilt very hot tea, soub and various types of alcohol, thumps it when it doesn't work and i once found her using it as a door wedge, yet it refuses to die.

Any ideas?

A good whack with a 3lb mallet should finish it off Smile

Sorry to hear about your problems with Dell Dr. EvilCheeze, I should point out that I have had several friends (3) swear they will never use Dell again because of similar experiences. I just personally have not had any problems myself - Just Lucky I guess-. Toshiba's and IBM's are nice tough and durable laptops, but you do pay for it. I'm not a heavy traveller (hence the 17" monster laptop) so my needs are a little simpler. Many would consider me fanatical about protecting my laptop, but it's an investment and the better I care for it, the more $$$ I can sell it for in 18months when it's time to upgrade Smile Smile

*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:57:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

vulcan wrote:

Any ideas?

Put a Dell Logo on it, that should cause it to break very quickly. Laughing

And acruxksa... no clue how you get so lucky... every one I ever known of that has a dell has had major problems with it at one time or another. Just count your blessings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: