Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Router Issues
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:27:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i can't beleave im saying this !

did you check to see if there are any firm ware updates for the router .or check the makers web site to see if they have any know problems ? Wave
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:17:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ewww router firmware Crazy ...from my knowledge it breaks more than it fixes am i correct?...because i have heard horror stories.
Lilterra
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:22:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks all Ill try some of the tips here and see if that works;p..
If all fails maybe it is time for a new one:)
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:59:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
ewww router firmware Crazy ...from my knowledge it breaks more than it fixes am i correct?...because i have heard horror stories.

Nope! Wrong again! While an occasional bad build slips in, in most cases, updating firmware is easy and fixes many problems.
In this case since the router is not functioning correctly it's definatly worth a shot.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:30:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
HackaX0rus wrote:

Nope! Wrong again! While an occasional bad build slips in, in most cases, updating firmware is easy and fixes many problems.
In this case since the router is not functioning correctly it's definatly worth a shot.

I wouldn't call him plain "wrong."

Updating any hardware firmware is very risky because if something goes wrong - the computer freezes, the software crashes, or you have a power outtage.... the chances of reviving that hardware is slim-to-none.

I lost my first Linksys BEFSR41 to a firmware update when the firmware software froze up my machine.

However, being that the users router is potentially already messed up there is no reason to not try updating the firmware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: