Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Infinium Labs Phantom... What do you think?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldonyo
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:12:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I seriously doubt this will ever see the light of day as it is currently described.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:21:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dont like it one bit Sad .
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:42:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just found the video I have of them "taking apart" the Phantom console...unfortunately, it's 16MB...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:47:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In reality it's not a bad idea. I havn't read too much about it since it was first announced.

I relate it to a PS2, and going to the video store and renting a game.

There are similar services on the web offering PC based games, and they do pretty well from what I understand. Several friends subscribe to these game services for thier kids so they can play lots of games, when they get tired of one, they move on to the next. But that of course means they need to have another PC in the house for the kids to play on a regular basis, so they had to spend $600 on a PC for the kids to play the games on.

Instead of that, if they just got the phantom console, and then paid the service fee/pay per play might be less in the long run. Especially less headaches from the kids playing with settings, keeping updates, virus, etc.

Now do I think it will take off? Probably not. At least not this generation. Sony, Nintendo, or X-Box will come out with something similar and that will be where the market begins to explode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: