Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
6600 GT or 9800 XT
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:32:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ya i am an ATI fan...i dunno but i jsut dont like nvidias they never work out for me.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HighTest
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:08:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I went with an MSI NX6600GT-TD128E which is their PCI-E card. I've combined it with a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI, so that I can add another when I'm ready for SLI goodness.

If you already have a motherboard and proc that supports AGP, you would be best to get the 6600GT AGP board as it will not be too expensive and stretch your existing computer for a while longer.

Then when budget permits, and dual-core procs abound, you can upgrade to something better than what all of us have currently. Biostar, and soon others, already has a nForce4 Ultra motherboard that supports both AGP and PCI-E, so you may be able to upgrade even sooner and still reuse your card. I would make sure that anything you do purchase provides a forward looking buss technology like PCI-E. Sure AGP is probably not going to fade out right away, but it is seeing the begining of the end (kinda like a first start at a sunset).

SLI based boards will cost more and not support AGP, so thats another reason to get a 6600GT, it performs well, but won't drain your budget and make you resistant to a future upgrade.
5-Clicks
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:02:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

6600GT. it's newer and has newer features so you get a better bang for your buck.
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:56:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

6600GT all the way. 9800GT is the last generation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: