44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Nvidia
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

1337nub
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:05:20    Post Subject: ATI v Nvidia Reply with quote View Single Post

who thinks ATI can kick Nvidias a$$ anysay???

I have the x800pro and my friends got the BFG 6800 and hes saying all this stuff like ah nvidia can beat ati anyday and boohoo. ATI is canadian how can they not be better than nvidia hehehe.

lemme know wut u think.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:25:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

here we go... this and AMD v. Intel was, is, and will be for the near future, a topic in every tech forum...

I've had very good experience with both nVidia & ATI, although not with the latest GPU's (that S%$#@'s expensive!). Your cards will be neck and neck... X800 PRO has higher GPU speed, 6800 has higher mem speed, but I think you'll see the architecture of the 6800 taking the lead here.

Remember something when comparing chip companies countrys... they can be stablished anywhere... but ultimately it's all done in the same place, Asia Wink

Last edited by PRpaTi on Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:42:34; edited 1 time in total
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:28:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am happy with my ATI card despite the fact they are Canadian Grin
desolatax
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:01:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IMO, nVidias mid-stream cards kick ATI's A$$, but when your at the high end, it matters what games you are playing
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:39:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

They are both good.... both have their advantages and disadvanages.... I have had both GPU's and have had good experinces with both. That question is at the time you are buying, what is the best Grin
unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:32:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't answer that, altough i Perfer ATi cards, mainly cause there inexpensive, and good value, the nVidia Solutions are very power, look at the 6800gt for example, Its like the best.

I know nVidia Card have alot of extra feature which allow on chip shadowing, from large raytracing to just simple reflections, it good tech and i think it beats the ATi's there.

ANY how... ATi have their dearest card sitting at around 800 bucks AU, and thats a fairly decent price, they don't have any SLi connections which is a bummer, but they still perform very well indeed Grin
Good price good gear.

Equaly good manuctor standards, and that makes them pretty matched.

nVidia won in Chipsets, i wonder what they do in G Cards?

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
pjarvi
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:15:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nvidia for me, but I've never used an Ati card. I've always wanted to get an All-In-Wonder, but they've always cost more than I could afford. I'm on my 3rd Nvidia card in 8 years.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

werty316
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:00:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I gotta say nVidia too but one thing taht might turn me to ATI is they are based in Canada where I live. Razz
5-Clicks
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:01:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bah. i couldn't decide so i just put ATI cuz i've had more ATIs than nVIDIAs. they're both awesome card makers though (except for the geforec fx series Grin)
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:39:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm neutral in this discussion. I've owned a TNT2 and used it forever. I replaced it with a 9700PRO which I love(d), and I'm currently using a 5700LE but I don't know why. I'll use any card that supports what I need it to support when I need it for the lower price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: