Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Advertizing
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:48:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My system at home has blockers installed now (I'll disable & test later when I get home), but the work PC has no such items installed........but no pop ups have occured here at work! (??)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:00:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm at work now, and just got the same pop-up I got at home!!

Censored Censored

Mad
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:48:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yep... I got a Pop up BB....
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:36:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last night I went through to make sure they weren't on the main part of the site... but I didn't check the forum code... Bang Head

I got mine on the Reviews page yesterday, but on the forum today... Where are people getting them now? If its just the forum, I know what marketing company to yell at!! Mad
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:02:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, I get it on etering the forum and when posting this reply, spybot reports it as a threat
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:41:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK guys, thanks! Keep an eye on it, and I'm hoping its isolated to the forum now so I know what to address!!

On another note, I am experimenting with something... On reviews that are over 2 months old, I am running what they call InVue ads... Most of the traffic to these pages is from search engines by the time they get that old, so it shouldn't affect the BigBruin crowd, or any sites linking in to the review... but it may make Two Cents (ok maybe 3 cents).

Check one older review out, if you don't know what I mean... http://www.bigbruin.com/html/maxtop_csx-001_1.htm

The script is set to only show one of these ads per 12 hours as well, so I hope the impact is minimal. THis is the closest thing to a pop-up / pop-under that I want on the site... and specifically on these pages since the "usual" crowd probably isn't visiting them!!
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:26:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that's fair BB, those ads are a pain but once a review is 2 months old anyhow... your right - most ppl have already checked it out!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:34:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone gotten one recently? I put new ad code on just to make sure it wasn't being done by a mistake of my own, even though it all looked good.

Plus, I have contacted the two ad agencies that would have to be responsible... One already replied and said no, that isn't one of their ads...

If you do get one, please tell me what the ad looks like (or get the url), as well as what page it appeared on and what banner ads were showing at the time!!

Thanks!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:29:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I haven't had a pop-under / up since Wednesday so I'm hoping I fixed it on my end (or that the marketing companies got their acts together and fixed it on their ends). If you get them still, please let me know where and what it is! Thanks!
Bert
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:53:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i really never had a pop up .
even without the software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: