Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lan Party in Butler NJ
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:25:38    Post Subject: Lan Party in Butler NJ Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi everyone...I finally got around to typing up the details for our next party. I promise to get them to you sooner for any party we have after this one.

NJLP’s January 2005 Lan Party
Who : This party is open to the PUBLIC!
You must be at least 15 years old to be unaccompanied by an adult.
Where : Butler Fire Hall
26-28 CAREY AVENUE,
Butler, NJ 07405

If you'll be using mapquest, use "Carey Ave and Bartholdi Ave, Butler, NJ 07405". This is the corner of the road that leads to the hall. This puts the location star where it should be.

When : Saturday January 29th, 2005 from 9:00am to
Sunday January 30th, 2005 5:00pm
How much? : The cost will be $20 for the whole weekend or $12 a day.
How can I sign up??? : We are using ALP. Go here.... http://www.njlanparty.com/apps/alp/register.php
Contact me for payment options. Once I receive your payment, I will mark you as paid on the Lan Party Page.
Sponsored by:
BigBruin.com ( www.bigbruin.com )
BAWLS ( http://www.bgcg.net )
Zboard ( http://www.zboard.com )
GearGrip ( www.casease.com )
nVidia ( www.nvidia.com )

Live Music by "The Brown Bag Blues Band". If anyone would like to jam with the band, bring what you got. The band will be there Saturday night.

Details :

This is a Bring Your Own Computer event. Here is the list of games that people have shown an interest in playing. Obviously, we will not be playing all of them. Or maybe we will...

Everquest II and WoW (contingent on internet connection)
Mechwarrior(4?)
Warcraft III
HL2DM
Doom3
Quake III
Half Life 2
COUNTERSTRIKE : Source
Unreal Tournament 2004
Battlefield 1942

There will be several servers running at all times! If there is something you really want to play, post a message on the Lan Party Manager or on the message board on NJLanParty.com.

The schedule for this party is available here : http://www.njlanparty.com/apps/alp/disp_schedule.php

We won't be having official tournaments, but we may setup some friendly tournaments once everything gets going.

After we get settled, the mayhem begins! Games will be decided by whoever is there at the time. There are no limits as to what we will play or try! Well, ok...The only limit will be LICENSED USERS ONLY!

In addition to LAN games, we will have a few people playing other tabletop games. Feel free to use these games to take a break from staring at the screen...or not.

Rules :

There will be no trading of warez, MP3’s or Movies! We are getting together to play, not clog the LAN with stuff flying back and forth.
You must have licensed copies of the games you will be playing. We will not be responsible for getting our servers to work with your cracked copy.
Adults only. No one under 15 years old with out being accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Headphones only: I hate this rule, I really do, however due to power and space concerns, I am asking everyone to use headphones. Don’t worry…We will have at least one spectating system with speakers to provide atmosphere.
No Alcoholic beverages, or illegal substances or activities.

What to bring:

Your PC
All CDs that you may need to start any games you plan to play.
All power cables
A 25 foot Network Cable
Mouse pad
Headphones
Money for food
Or Chips, snacks, or soda for yourself or to share if you want.

Oh and if you're not into PC GAMES...
take a look at this. Here is the list of NON-COMPUTER games that will be going on...
http://www.njlanparty.com/apps/alp/tableschedule.htm

Here is a link for details on each of those games.
http://www.njlanparty.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?p=603#603

For more information, please send an e-mail to murdock@njlanparty.com

Boo Boo

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:03:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

does this count as advertising?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:40:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

vulcan wrote:
does this count as advertising?

Nope... This is very good!

I sent a few things over for the last NJ LanParty, and plan to do the same for this one. If I had even minimal skills I would jump in, but CS was the only game I was ever even decent at... Bang Head

Glad you finally got a post up on this Murdock! Cool
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:49:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Uh-oh...Is there a rule?

Big Bruin was one of the best sponsors we had for our July Party. He asked me to post some information about our next party weeks ago, I just never got around to do it. I'm sorry to give you such little time to decide to go or not. There is still just about 10 days to decide. If some of you are local, or semi-local, come and take a ride and meet some of your fellow cyber-posters in a real-world setting. Even if you're not into LAN Gaming, there will be other games to play.

Murdock

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:11:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't listen to Vulcan... Wink just defending the turf, but this is definitely fine! Some people come on pimping some odd products, but I would definitely like to see more LAN parties on here! Grin
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:33:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ah yes...Important to do so. There is so much crap out there. Its a sign of a good community when you have people looking out for you.

Hell...its a sign of a good community when you have people who post! I still get guys in our group who just e-mail me links and clips from webs rather than posting them. I always have to say...Hey that's great! Why don't you post it on the site so the others see it...Common sense I thought.

Murdock

*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:08:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, it's and Ad... but it's a widely accepted type of ad. And since Mr. Money Bags is a sponsor, we will allow it... Grin Laughing

And No Call of Duty WTF
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:43:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey hey, we allow all LAN Party posts... What about this one?

http://www.bigbruin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3500

I didn't even get involved in that one... I may hone my CS skills and go for that window of gaming... Laughing
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:50:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I said we did allow LAN Ad's... " but it's a widely accepted type of ad"

Grin
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:53:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, sorry about that post, it's just that I've seen waaay too many spam/ad posts on other forums from first time posters and get jumpy around new people.

Don't count on me turning up, it's a little hard for me to get there (last time I tried to get my pc through customs it didn't work out well)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: