Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Monitors - LCD vs. CRT
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:35:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have heard horror stories of burn in on plasma screens...i dont know if its the same for lcd's...but when the screen savers didnt suck Rolling Eyes i saw a story on it and they have gone through 3 plasma tv's cause of burn in so if anyone can find out if its the smae for lcd i would like to know.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BillBlass
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:22:30    Post Subject: well Reply with quote View Single Post

You don't know what you are talking about.

A 10 second Google search yields: http://www.viewsonic.com/monitoruniversity/lcd.htm

Another search will leave you with plenty of links that report LCD panels DO NOT suffer "burn in" Plasma does, LCD DOES NOT.

50,000 hours average until the monitor is down to half of original brightness. If you can use the monitor that long, you have REALLY gotten your moneys worth! I run my monitor at 40 out of 100 brightness and it is PLENTY bright so I am sure it would be very usable even after the 50,000 hours if I increased the brightness after a few years.

No bad pixels on mine and I know 2 other people who purchased the same monitor ZERO bad pixels also. But hey stick with your CRT if you like...

JimBowy

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:36:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

CRTs are cheaper and bigger..... no dead pixels so I'm still happy with my 21" monster...
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:01:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, the really sad thing is I used to go through 19" CRT's about 1 every 2 - 3 years.

I've had my first LCD (cheapy Mag 17") for about 4 years now, no dead pixels, no burn-in and it's on constantly.

My second (and main) LCD (HP 19") I've had for 3 years, and again, no dead pixels, no burn-in.

Both monitors are used for gaming, but not in FPS or high movement type games. Mainly in MMORPG's such as World of Warcraft and Everquest 2.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:20:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i will wait for the technology to improve with oleds and such at the price to drop. i know some companies are selling lcd's really cheap but still i would rather have a crt i dont mind its size for the ammount of money it saves.
kenpo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:47:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Today I buy this monitor Avidav Silver 19" TFT LCD , but I am not relly happy with the images, the colors look different compared with old CRT.

How can see if my monitor have a dead pixels?

Thanks for any help
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:37:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

kenpo wrote:
How can see if my monitor have a dead pixels?

Thanks for any help

Hi kenpo, welcome. YOu may have to do a bit of tweaking with the monitor's settings, as well as your video card driver's dettings to get it looking good.

Dead pixels are most visible when lookoing at a light color. For example, make the background color of your desktop all white, and then look for any black spots. They will be tiny, like the tip of a pin, so look close. For lit pixels, it may be easier to look on an all dark background, and these spots will be permanently lit up.

Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:20:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmm...most of the dead pixels on the lcd's we got were red...are they usually black?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:46:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dead pixels are black... lit pixels are red, green, or blue.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:14:36; edited 1 time in total
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:07:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

aiight i get it...I googled lit pixels
thx. Grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: