Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Anyone in R/C?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:03:08    Post Subject: Anyone in R/C? Reply with quote View Single Post

Just wonderig how many of you guys/girls (are there any girls here? Razz ) are into R/C Racing, or offroading or anything. And if you are what car/truck/plane/heli you got.

I just bought a HPI Savage 25 RTR in the summer and i'm loving it although i destroyed the engine casing, the crankshaft and the carb with 1 stupid high speed flip Sad But its all been replaced.

If anyone dont know about the Savage 25 its a 1/8th scale monster truck goes 60mph if i remember right.

4 wheel drive independant suspension Smile heres some engine specs

Nitro Star S-25

Size .25
Horsepower@ RPM 2.5 @ 29,000
Max RPM 38,000

chk out the site
http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/savage25/savage25-m.htm

only downside here in toronto we DONT HAVE ANY off road tracks for these trucks Sad

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:16:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I used to have an R/C plane in 1999...
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:18:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Years ago I was into the off road R/C racing thing. Around here at the time 1/10th scale electric cars were the rage. I used to go to organized races twice a week. I had a blast and spent TONS of $$$ on the hobby. Later I ended up with two 1/8 th scale gas 4 wheel drive cars. They were much faster but also a huge pain in the arse to keep running. From what I have seen the cars of today are a huge improvement over what was available back then.
Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:25:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Me and my dad have a bunch of airplanes in the garage. We keep them there saying we will get back in it someday. I think he has his helicopter too. But he got back into cars and I got more into computers. One of these days I want to get an R/C car, messed with a friends that was pretty cool
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:39:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Never got into it, but it's pretty cool. I've looked at it a couple of times, but not sure which way I wanted to go. Laughing And I ended up spending the money on beer. Grin
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:37:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Never got into it, but it's pretty cool. I've looked at it a couple of times, but not sure which way I wanted to go. Laughing And I ended up spending the money on beer. Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its an expensive hobby, once in which I cannot afford right now.. so for now I'll just stick to racing my car on the interstate and praying I dont get caught Laughing Laughing *sigh* and I only have till Feb till me NASCAR comes back!!!! Grin Grin

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:34:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

NewAwakenings wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its an expensive hobby, once in which I cannot afford right now.. so for now I'll just stick to racing my car on the interstate and praying I dont get caught Laughing Laughing *sigh* and I only have till Feb till me NASCAR comes back!!!! Grin Grin

meh it is expensive initially, just dont try and break anything after that Smile.

Hey atleaast your NASCAR IS comming back in FEB, unlike my NHL Sad

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:38:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:

meh it is expensive initially, just dont try and break anything after that

Yeah right try not to break anything.... have you ever taken yours to a track and run in a race? You get out there with a dozen others cars/trucks all trying to win and I promise you something is going to get broken. In fact you will be happy when it is only one or two things.
Dr_Pentium
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:07:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dadx2mj wrote:
Quote:

meh it is expensive initially, just dont try and break anything after that

Yeah right try not to break anything.... have you ever taken yours to a track and run in a race? You get out there with a dozen others cars/trucks all trying to win and I promise you something is going to get broken. In fact you will be happy when it is only one or two things.

lol yes i know what happens at those tracks, we dont got ANY here for off roading Sad

but i was out with a couple of friends and thats how i broke my engine case my carb, and some other high priced items.. hehe now i just stick to playing by myself (dont take it the wrong way Laughing )

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:07:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr_Pentium wrote:
hehe now i just stick to playing by myself

Laughing that's ok, we have all done that before.... nothing to get too embarased about... Laughing Yikes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: