Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win a CM Storm Spawn Mouse & Sirus Headset
Pro Football Pick Em - NFL Week Three
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:05:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

skarydrunkguy wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:
Congrats!

Easy way to post a pic... head over to http://www.mostlyuseless.info/ and upload it there, then it gives you the BB code to cut and paste into a forum.

That may be the problem - I've got the entire .info domain DNS banned (and dozens of others - .us .it .jp .co .cc, etc etc). If the upload box sends to a .info doman then it would be blocked on my end without any notification.

Why would you block an entire sets of TLD's like that? Confused Just wondering... because I'm a IT security guy and even I'm not that paranoid! Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:34:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Why would you block an entire sets of TLD's like that? Confused Just wondering... because I'm a IT security guy and even I'm not that paranoid! Laughing

I was wondering something similar, but just decided not to ask. I have to imagine the Web looks funky like that!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:37:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:

I was wondering something similar, but just decided not to ask. I have to imagine the Web looks funky like that!

Luckily I don't have those good social filters installed... Wave Yikes
skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:19:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
You can attach images to the forum posts directly, too... You have to "Post Reply" and not quick reply... And there you will find a box in the Options section that says "Add an Attachment". Click that, the page will reload, and you then have a box labeled "Filename" where you can "Browse" to your image on your PC. Once you have selected what you want to attach just click submit and it will go up with your post...

Like this:

Thats what I tried and it wasn't working last night (or right now). The buttons work and it appears to upload, but nothing ends up attached to the post.

I blocked them because there is nothing on those domains that interests me or anyone in my family, it prevents a vast majority of malware and ads, and speeds up clusterloads (my personal term for a single website that feels it necessary to have dozens of movie ads, flash, and other crap spanning 300 worldwide domains in order to present a single paragraph of news or information) significantly. Anyway, it works for me and sure, I miss a few pics every now and then, but I'm sure I'm not missing anything.
skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:22:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
skarydrunkguy wrote:
BeerCheeze wrote:
Congrats!

Easy way to post a pic... head over to http://www.mostlyuseless.info/ and upload it there, then it gives you the BB code to cut and paste into a forum.

That may be the problem - I've got the entire .info domain DNS banned (and dozens of others - .us .it .jp .co .cc, etc etc). If the upload box sends to a .info doman then it would be blocked on my end without any notification.

Its not that I'm paranoid, its that my wife tends to click yes without reading anything and 95%+ of all malware embedded in web pages comes from non-USA hosts. That and the fact that all current "internet security" programs flat out suck at their job.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:21:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Must be your web filter keeping you from posting images here... That, or your tinfoil hat!

Quagmire

Is .info a non-US TLD? I've owned mostlyuseless.info for something like 8+ years and never thought of whether it had a nationality associated with it.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:50:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Other than specific domain's (.us, .it, etc...) any domain can be registered any place.

If you are that concerned skarydrunkguy (and there is good reason), try using something like an external firewall (I personally use untangle ; http://www.untangle.com - but there are other good ones). In addition to local firewall/AV. And use OpenDNS for your DNS server.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: