Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Football Pick Em is Live!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:30:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have been messing with the stats for a while, but it looks like some coding beyond what I can do would be needed to make this just like I wanted.

A few things I notice and don't care for is that the main page shows the season stats - while I would like to show the current week only. It also does not add people - even if to show just a 0-0 record - if they have not actually picked a game that has been played yet.

If you go to this page you will get more info - and I will explain it all:

http://bigbruin.com/forum/fsports.php?mode=stats&l=1

"User Stats" are your personal stats compiled for the whole season.

"Weekly Stats Snapshot" shows your weekly picks. I am not sure how many weeks it will show, but by looking at the code it will show at least the latest two weeks. So, once the games this weekend get underway you will see "Week ending 9/13/11" and "Week ending 9/20/11". These results are what will determine the weekly winner.

"Weekly Leaderboard Snapshot" shows the combined season stats, broken down by week. So, you can see if you have moved up the season leaderboard from one week to the next. Again, I am not sure how many weeks will be shown, but it is at least 2. Since we haven't come up with a reason to care about the season long stats (as in a championship prize) - these values aren't all that important.

"Team Stats" - Fairly useless here. Just shows the overall record of the real world NFL teams. I may just delete this module.

"Prediction Percentage" - This is semi-cool, but not necessary. It just shows who we are picking for the coming week, without giving specific details on anyone's actual pick. For example, 80% of us feel the Saints will beat the Bears.

EDIT... One individual page I thought we needed, already exists...

League Leaderboard: http://bigbruin.com/forum/fsports.php?mode=leaderboard&l=1

And then I made the other...

Weekly Stats: http://bigbruin.com/forum/fsports.php?mode=weekly&l=1

They should look more interesting once we hit a second week.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:30:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK - some minor changes to the game pages today. Mostly to the links for making/editing picks and to see all the different stats pages. Plus, links back to the main game page from all these other pages...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: