Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
wireless router question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:14:16    Post Subject: wireless router question Reply with quote View Single Post

Looking to get opinions on what wireless routers are best. To define what I am looking for is a router with decent range that is not super expensive. THe most important thing to me is security. I want the router to have the most up to date and best security software and capabilities.

Don,t need an N type but will get one as long as it is backwards compatiable. Looking to get the best price but want to make sure there is good security and it is not terriably hard to setup or maintain.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 00:27:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Linksys WRT54GL is good and is compatible with dd-wrt and tomato firmware.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:56:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Normally I would agree with Slug's suggestion here, as running 3rd party firmware really adds a lot of nice features and functions.

HOWEVER, don't dismiss N. As I have been looking at doing more and more things with my home network I realize I will need to either hard wire everything (That is a MAJOR pain in the a$$ to hard wire the 2nd floor when all my stuff is in the basement), or switch out to N speeds.

As for security, WPA-2 is the way to go. All new routers support it, so you're good to go on that.

*Note* I looked through the DD-WRT compatabiliy database and found a few that are N spec'd. I'd check out some of those (I know I'm looking at them now).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: